Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?

Article about: I have been asked to sell this cap on behalf of a friend, but need to verify its authenticity prior to listing it for sale. The cap looks right to me, it is faded in the right places and has

Default Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?

I have been asked to sell this cap on behalf of a friend, but need to verify its authenticity prior to listing it for sale.

The cap looks ok, it is faded in the right places and has sweat stains on the inner lining.

There are no markings on the cap apart from the size - 56.

The red/brown lining is beautifully made and in super condition.

The insignia worries me a little though, as it has been very badly hand sewn onto the cap.

Your expert opinions please!
    Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?
    Last edited by malvernGCS; 10-20-2016 at 07:31 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Overseas Cap - Fake or Real?
    P
    Many

?

Im sorry to say its fake

I agree.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quality of the wool does not match TR era standards. NH

I agree with the above...Along with the overall appearance of the wool, the Lining is also the incorrect color...
    That looks like either Swiss or Swedish Wool, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

?

156? looks bad

Thanks Gents.

I'll tell him the bad news!

?

To me its more than just the materials, its just the general appearance of it. I thing the flat bottom edge is a gove away, usually luftwaffe and even to some extent SS overseas cap have a very slight curve

- - ------- - -

To me its more than just the materials, its just the general appearance of it. I think the flat bottom edge is a give away, usually luftwaffe and even to some extent SS overseas cap have a very slight curve