Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Peaked Cap for Review

Article about: Hi. Any information that you can give me on this cap would be much appreciated. Date of manufacture, originality, current value etc. Many thanks in advance.

?

Default Luftwaffe Peaked Cap for Review

Hi. Any information that you can give me on this cap would be much appreciated. Date of manufacture, originality, current value etc. Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Peaked Cap for Review   Luftwaffe Peaked Cap for Review  

Luftwaffe Peaked Cap for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Peaked Cap for Review
    P
    Many

Hi

It's an einheitsfeldmütze or general issue field cap for air force units. According to the stamp it was made in 1944..................these are tricky to identify as original on just pictures and a hands on look is always beneficial.................I would speculate this one may have been made nearer to 1994 than 1944.................just my opinion and better pictures would help nail itf it is a good one.

hope that helps, others who know more may be able to give you better news.

cheers

Tony

The cap itself appears OK.

But the insignia is certainly fake.

Search "Luftwaffe einheitsfeldmütze" on the forum to see several untouched examples.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The cap itself appears OK.

But the insignia is certainly fake.

Search "Luftwaffe einheitsfeldmütze" on the forum to see several untouched examples.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hurrah ! A better recommendation at least....................sorry for being too pessimistic.

?

These Luftwaffe M43 caps are not scarce, and I would wait for a no questions example. You should be able to find a nice cap, with good insignia , at under $500, perhaps closer to $ 400 if you are patient. Headgear prices, save rare items, have fallen, although most dealers, and many collectors don't seem to comprehend this.

BobS