Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Pelzmütze

Article about: Found this guy recently for sale. It ended up on the east coast. My question to the experts is if these caps were issued in all cold weather campaign areas. The seller claims that they were

Default Luftwaffe Pelzmütze

Found this guy recently for sale. It ended up on the east coast. My question to the experts is if these caps were issued in all cold weather campaign areas. The seller claims that they were made solely for the eastern front. I'm sure that they were initially designed for the harsh weather in that campaign, but wouldn't they be issued to lets say....flight crew maintenance men in Northern France?

I know I am speculating, but I am just curious on how it made it back stateside, if it was indeed a eastern campaign cap. Also I would like to hear anyone's opinion to its authenticity, I mean heck it might not even be real...but it looks cool and is tempting.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Pelzmütze   Luftwaffe Pelzmütze  

Luftwaffe Pelzmütze   Luftwaffe Pelzmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Pelzmütze
    P
    Many

It's a real Luftwaffe cold weather cap many period pictures of Luft ground troops wearing them mostly in Russia that is correct but could be worn other fronts also. There I a thread on here on here somewhere showing them I have a similar one and posted it here quite a while ago. timothy

Were these a popular "trophy" among US servicemen?

I would say so as many as I have seen in vet pickups I am sure most of these would be western front items as they were used there also. Saw a picture here while back of some being worn on a Luft airfield in Norway with the thick animal skinned coats you see with them a lot of times. The only one of those I own in Luftwaffe (have several army versions) came from a US vet. these Luft ones are getting hard to find compared to the Army Pelzmutze. timothy

Thanks Tim I appreciate the insight!