Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???

Article about: I came across this Luftwaffe Pith Helmet and would like opinions on it. It looks good from some of the examples I've seen online of Heer versions, so what do you experts think? Thanks! Dzyne

?

Default Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???

I came across this Luftwaffe Pith Helmet and would like opinions on it. It looks good from some of the examples I've seen online of Heer versions, so what do you experts think?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???   Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???  

Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???   Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???  

Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???   Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Pith Helmet...Good or Bad???

Looks like a good one.

Hi, very good looking original Luft pith. Can you post detail pics of where the eagles pins pierce the inside of the dome liner, please? Just to make sure that it was not a Heer originaly, though with the green under the brim and the tan leather trim, its almost certain it started out as a luft.

Thanks,

Jerry

?

Hi Jerry,

Would the eagle's pins have pierced all the way through the red lining, or does the red lining cloth need to somehow be peeled back to see where the pins enter?

Dzyner,

All the models I have owned have had th pins pierce all the way through ithe lining including the cloth and felt models (first and second tropenhelm models).

Quote by tampalam View Post
    Dzyner,

All the models I have owned have had th pins pierce all the way through ithe lining including the cloth and felt models (first and second tropenhelm models).
    Agree, they should do, but not always, though its usually a sign they have been removed and reapplied, but also the pins break. I can see in the one picture, a single pin visible and maybe two holes, so possibly they have snapped off. Its a good pith, no worries on that.

Jerry

This Tropenhelm is a good one. The holes were pre-punched on all german sunhelmets so that the prongs would not break when applied. So often it can be difficult to tell if the shield or eagle has been re-applied. Close up of the Eagle would help to confirm its good but from the photo, i am inclined to think its a good one.