Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by Berolina

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you for help with this Arikakorps side cap marked by Berolina Berlin and year. The condition is perfect, looks like never used. I personaly like it but I do not

?

Default Luftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by Berolina

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you for help with this Arikakorps side cap marked by Berolina Berlin and year. The condition is perfect, looks like never used. I personaly like it but I do not have to many experience and would like to ask experts if it is original one or not.
    Thank you, Mike

Luftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by BerolinaLuftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by BerolinaLuftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by BerolinaLuftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by BerolinaLuftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by Berolina

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Tropical schiffchen by Berolina
    P
    Many

no expert but look at 1st 2 pics ,the cuffs are different puts me off plus most I've seen have red lining.

?

Hi,
    realy no opinions about this cap?
    Mike

Hang on in there...........give the guys some time to come on line.

My opinion is be very careful with these caps and get some more views before you jump in. I'm afraid I have reservations on it but it's not my area of expertise sot hang on for the other comments.

cheers

Tony

I would pass on it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would pass on it.

Hi Adrian,
    can you please let me know what is wrong with this cap?
    Mike

Mike

you have asked for some opinions which have been duly given, people have been candid about this cap and I guess you need to read between the lines.

Either walk away or if you are happy with its authenticity then jump on in.

Good luck

cheers

Tony

Hi Mike, look at the markings and compare to known originals. The font is different. Also the stitching and materials.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Harry, the Luftwaffe tropical side cap did not have a red lining. Only Heer issue caps did.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi guys,
    I received an answer from one guy who is dealing mainly with luftwaffe afrikakorps stuff. And only with cloth things. Here is his answer:

The afrika schiffchen is made of the right cloth inside and outside . The kokarde is perfekt and the eagle is also good made.
    The machine stiching of the eagle is a little bit strange , but it is possible. Some factories made it by hand others by machines.
    A lot of young collectors only collect used items with no doubts . Mint condition is everytime a little proplem. I think if fakers make caps so perfekt ,do they make one mistake by stitching with machine and not per hand. I do not know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast