Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D

Article about: Hey guys i have been offered this and i believe i can get it for a good price, its probably either a repro or maybe a post-war visor cap which has been modified as its in near-enough mint co

Default Re: Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D

Ade they haven't changed in deisign or materials any earlier and it would be TR and we would all be saying its original see picture attached they were taken in 1955-58 periodLuftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =DLuftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =DLuftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D
    hope it helps

tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D

Hi Tom, no I am sorry you are just wrong here. Clearly you need to learn more about this, so thse pics will help you.

An early "Pekuro" made cap from 1955.

An pic from the Feb 1959 edition of "Der Deutscher Soldat".

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D  
    Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is correct--there were 2 versions, and the first style was only used for a short while--after that they went with the KM-style rank designation.

Easiest way to spot the re-badged BRD-LW visors is by the more flattened "ribs" on the band compared to the TR-LW ones.

I don't know why, but I just never cared for these BW visors--too much polyster/plastic and tacky looking insignia. They all have the same basic shape as well, despite being made by different makers.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

wow ade i stand corrected im now shocked that someone would screw about with such a rare cap
    i appologise for doubting you ade
    thank you for the info

tom

No worries Tom, it is always a learning curve. It never stops!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The early ones can be made to look really good.......here's one I got burnt on a few years ago.

Luftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =DLuftwaffe visor cap, probably a fake but just want a second opinion =D

spandau you should restore it back to its bw style should be worth more as its rarer not so many

tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2