Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe winter cap

Article about: Hi guys, what are your opinions on this winter cap?

Default Luftwaffe winter cap

Hi guys, what are your opinions on this winter cap?

Luftwaffe winter cap
    Luftwaffe winter cap
    Luftwaffe winter cap
    Luftwaffe winter cap
    Luftwaffe winter cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe winter cap
    P
    Many

I am not an authority by ANY means but an initial observation is that it is quite grubby on the outside but clean on the inside and the same with the visor - I don't understand how that could be? If there is that much of a sweat deposit I would be expecting to see deterioration of the fur and a dirtier underside.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan,
    My initial opinion was that the visor looked quite new

?

The bill is not like any authentic examples that I have seen

Yes there are originals with that dark brown bill I will look for a picture I am posting one with the standard white bill. I would not dismiss this hat yet. The winter hats came in a lot of varities lots of makers. Most are unmarked. I can't remember I think it was either over on Wallahalla or WAF one just like this posted it was Ok. I have heard there are repos of this hat but I have never seen one I know they have just been repo the Army winter fur hats lately. timothy

Timothy......Your cap looks fine to me,as it appears to have all the features as mine..........I have this one for many years and never had anyone find fault with it..................Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe winter cap   Luftwaffe winter cap  

Luftwaffe winter cap   Luftwaffe winter cap  

Last edited by SADolch; 08-04-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Yes SA Dolch that post and hat was by ninelives that is correct and yours is a example of the many variants of these hats. I have seen all kinds of variants in my time of collecting you have a fine one though. Ninelives has a good period sheepskin cap. Same old thing anytime you show a variant. Thanks for the post I am going to post mine I had the darker brown bill once like yours and ninelives. timothy

Default Luft Sheepskin cap

Here is my more common white billed cap I had one like yours It is not as common as this one. Basically same cap. Only marks inside are a red tag with size 61. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe winter cap   Luftwaffe winter cap  

Luftwaffe winter cap