Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

LW NCO Visor - Authentic?

Article about: Hey guys, I am considering picking up a LW visor with red piping. I have a few questions about it's authenticity. The only thing I am having an issue with is the chinstrap. Here are some pic

Default LW NCO Visor - Authentic?

Hey guys,

I am considering picking up a LW visor with red piping. I have a few questions about it's authenticity. The only thing I am having an issue with is the chinstrap. Here are some pics...input would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

LW NCO Visor - Authentic?LW NCO Visor - Authentic?LW NCO Visor - Authentic?LW NCO Visor - Authentic?LW NCO Visor - Authentic?LW NCO Visor - Authentic?LW NCO Visor - Authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW NCO Visor - Authentic?
    P
    Many

Hi, Are you thinking that this is a WW2 LW visor cap?. I am not to well up on LW visors but the chin strap should be leather and have metal adjustment buckles for NCO's. This looks like plastic, so is the first issue. Second is the interior, the underside of the peaks are usually green and I have one which is black. The sweatband and underside of the peak being grey says to me that this cap is post WW2. Looks to be mad up from a post war cap. Some one with the knowledge of these should chip in before long.
    Regards Steve.

P.S. Forgot to add but the date of 1968 does give it away.

Post war, the inside. The grey band.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Sorry mate i consider this cap to be of West German Bundeswher origin Cheers Paul

You all confirmed my suspicion. I bought it a few weeks ago from a trusted seller who is not always right but will take it back with no issues. I knew the strap was bad, but did not know grey bands meant post war.

Thank you all so much for your knowledge, and passing it on to me. Back to the quest to find a good visor!

Agree with above. Also the large capital A ink stamp is a West German armed forces released from service stamp, never found on wartime caps.

?

Hi,
    apart from everything else mentioned above, the sweatshild tells you the date of manufacture: V/1968 (= May 1968). Will be respectable 50 years old soon - unfortunately too young for a TR cap.