MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?

Article about: Feel for material between the lining and the exterior wool. In the front should feel like a lattice of thin, flexible material. The back half of the cap body and the crown will have a thin l

Default LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?

I have had this hat for about 15 years. It seems to be unusual because of the color. What is the significance of the large stenciled "A" on the inside? I thought this signified Russian capture. The fabric seems to be a lightweight wool. I acquired this hat from a LW collector as an original. Your comments will be appreciated.LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?
    P
    Many

Default Re: LW officer's M43 -- your thoughts on this hat, please?

Ive seen similar 'A's stamped on postwar west German clothing. Is it grey rather than greyish blue?

I would say it is grey.

My immediate thought is that this is indeed a postwar German cap. The grey material, the buttons and the stamp all point to that to me. However, I am not an expert and there are others on this forum who are, so thats just my opinion.

Thanks for your comments.I took the hat outside and it is a very dark grey.The buttons are marked with Assman's symbol,and size of 12mm. There is no stitching through the lining.The eagle is hand stitched to the hat. The flap hold down strips are black,about 11/2" long,and of rayon material. Just more information to help determine what I really have here.

Ok, we just need to wait for someone else to contribute.

?

It's post war of course but these trikot creations can be difficult to judge from photos.

Thanks Ben.Can you tell from the photos if the eagle is good ? From comparisions on the forum, it looks good to me.Also do you know
    what the A on the lining means,and did the LW ever use this grey shade of trikot? I suppose some people would call this shade
    "bluish grey".Your input,as always is appreciated.
    Peter

Items from the Post war German army are stamped with a large A to show they have been sold off by the Army so stops people taking them back to the stores for exchange etc , This is a Post war German Airforce ski cap i am sorry to say

Thanks for information.Now I know what I have.Anybody else have any comments?All comments are appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast