Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-43 field police feldmutze Real or fake ?

Article about: Good afternoon gentlemen Again I require your assistance to Identify this M-43 as original or not it would appear to have a field police trapezoid insignia on the front but upon closer inspe

?

Default M-43 field police Einheitsmutze Real or fake ?

Good afternoon gentlemen

Again I require your assistance to Identify this M-43 as original or not it would appear to have a field police trapezoid insignia on the front but upon closer inspection of the interior liner on the front of the cap I can see the faint outlines of were there was another trapezoid sewn on this cap at one time approx the same size as the one that is sewn on there now just a little higher on the cap. Should there not just be a trapezoid sewn on the front of this M-43 if it were heer or field police and the cockade sewn on the bottom. If original how much would this M-43 be worth as someone I know gave it to me as payment on a debt.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?   M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?  

M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?   M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?  

M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?   M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?  

Last edited by Mark K; 08-22-2011 at 04:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M-43 field police feldmutze Real or fake ?

Im thinking its a post war cap possibly East german, but its late my eyes are bleary ,what i dont see are proper markings, i cant be sure but that printed writing looks like a Russian id code, see what others say

?

Davejb I have pulled the cap out for another look and the ink stamp is not Russian I have posted these two photos up side down I will rotate the photos and repost them there are also the remnents of gold colored numbers as well as a three lined oval on the the plastic in the interior center of the cap I will see if I can capture them in a photo as well.

Photo 1-2 on the bottom corner show what appears to be size mark 53 and above it to the right the only numbers still readable are 3068 there were apparently more numbers but are to faded to see now .

Photos 4-5-6 would appear to be writing the best I can make out is JhBraur and the last four letters or numbers are hard to make out could be 66ac or hbac I CAN NOT TELL FOR SHUR WILL TRY AND USE A BLACK LIGHT SEE IF THAT HELPS.

Photos 3-7-8 show the remnents of what I beleive to be a circle that is surounded by the remnants of three gold colored lines

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?   M-43  field police feldmutze Real or fake ?  

Last edited by Mark K; 08-22-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: add to thread

The cap is West German.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Adrian I could not find an example to compare it to there are so many variations . Quick queston how did you verify it as west german

Regards Mark K

Colour, buttons, sweatsheild and the fact it once had the shape of the insignia you describe.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you Adrian I could only find one example a pivate purchase one on Ruptured duck that had a sweat shield and onley one other that had this partcular color of buttons

Regards Mark K.

Have a look in our Bundeswehr forum to see if some are shown with the original insignia in place.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Adrian I will check there now

Regards Mark K

?

Thanks Adrian it would appear to be an early BW Feldmutze dark grey wool M43 style worn from its inception in 1955 up to 1960 I could not find an example with the partcular type of trapazoid badge I will look tommorrow

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast