Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?

Article about: I have had this M-43 Luftwaffe cap since 1965. I would like anyone's opinion on whether it is genuine or not. This stuff was so common when I was a kid that it seems it would have been point

Default M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?

M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?

I have had this M-43 Luftwaffe cap since 1965. I would like anyone's opinion on whether it is genuine or not. This stuff was so common when I was a kid that it seems it would have been pointless to make fakes back then. Was there even a fake industry in the mid 1960's? The makers stamps are a bit indistinct but it does appear to say 1944 on the inside. I have never worn it and the sweat is original. Just curious.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

it is a nice original.

There was a fake industry even back then, but the items that were copied tended to be high value items.

This type of cap was the first I ever bought, aged 16, with my first weeks wages from work. Cost £10 back then in 1977.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Donkeyboy View Post
    M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?M-43 Luftwaffe Cap or Fake?

I have had this M-43 Luftwaffe cap since 1965. I would like anyone's opinion on whether it is genuine or not. This stuff was so common when I was a kid that it seems it would have been pointless to make fakes back then. Was there even a fake industry in the mid 1960's? The makers stamps are a bit indistinct but it does appear to say 1944 on the inside. I have never worn it and the sweat is original. Just curious.
    Hi there,nice original cap and good to see an un-touched insignia on it!As for a fake industry,that began in 1945,even the original producers of awards kept on "knocking them out" for the occupying troops to take home as souveniers. Leon.

Thanks Adrian, I appreciate your expertise on this subject.
    DB

Thank you for your opinion on my cap. I am so glad there are experts out there willing to help identify this stuff.
    DB

Nice cap, the staining on the inside is mostly like from the owners hair tonic, or just sweat and dirt.

Indeed. The way the rayon lining looks with sweat/dirt etc is rather distinctive and always a good sign.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!