Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?

Article about: Hi, I have been wanting to add a cap to my collection and have recently seen this m42 for sale on a dealers website. It's in unissued condition , I'm sure the insignia is OK although it's th

Default M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?

Hi, I have been wanting to add a cap to my collection and have recently seen this m42 for sale on a dealers website. It's in unissued condition , I'm sure the insignia is OK although it's the m43 trap which appears machine sown on I'm told nothing on the cap glows under u.v light, my problem is the grommets the inside shows 8 individual segments bent over on other examples I've seen they show 6 which are bent over onto a washer , is this a variation or a put together fake? Your help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Cheers John M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?
    P
    Many

Hi,

These are tricky to call on just a picture, the button and insignia are good ! After that I would tread carefully as the wool looks very fluffy and new, I know it's mint but it's also 70+ yrs old so I would expect some wear and tear and the grommets should show a little oxidisation....that said they also look ok and colour wise the paint seems good with some age flaking.........

I'm not an expert on these so don't take my word for it but no one else has chipped in yet so thought I'd add a view. If the dealer allows inspection time you can take a chance but show it to a few people quick before the returns time runs out...............just in case !

Hope this helps....cheers

Tony

Hello,
    because of what is in the red circle, my vote is :
    BAAAAAD
    Thanks

M42 feldmutze . Good or bad?

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Not for me either. The wool is bad.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you all for your opinions it's a great help, I have been completely on the fence with this one as I thought the insignia was ok, buttons, and even the grommets I managed to find an original cap on another forum with the same ones but as said it just looks to new and as Adrian has now confirmed the wool is bad I have had several bits off the dealer without any problems and I did put a deposit down on this cap but I will now get that back and look for another.

Many thanks guys
    John.