Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M43 Found this in a trash dumpster. Fake or real??

Article about: For me it's the fact the Death's head has been sewed through the inner lining.

Default Re: M43 Found this in a trash dumpster. Fake or real??

For me it's the fact the Death's head has been sewed through the inner lining.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Found this in a trash dumpster. Fake or real??
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43 Found this in a trash dumpster. Fake or real??

Quote by reichss View Post
    For me it's the fact the Death's head has been sewed through the inner lining.
    Thank you for the input...trying to learn the difference between real and repo can be hard because you hear so many things but that make alot of sense.

The stitching thru the item does not mean anything in some or most cases anymore. Remember the Juno Company in Norway that made the M-43 style hats? Remember when the Norwegian military fought against the Russians and then joined with Nazi's? They sewed onto their caps the German insignias after factory production. What about during the war and after the war and the POW's were ordered to remove all evidences of Nazi Iconography? RZM tags, insignias etc....all removed. I watched a film where US soldiers had truckloads of boxes full of insignias and all kinds of I.D.'s hauled off to landfills, or to be recycled. There are no absolutes when the war was over..... unless it is in a museum! And then some of those experts got fooled!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3