Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze

Article about: by Canuck63 I must be one lucky fella then...when I sold my collection my girlfriend said that I was doing the wrong thing...but when I told her that I had kept twenty complete mannequins in

Default M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze

Hi there, I've been after a luftwaffe m43 for a while now and would love your opinions on this please guys??
    Many thanks in advance
    Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze   M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze  

M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze   M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze  

M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M43 Luftwaffe Einheitsfeldmutze

Looks great ! Standard trapzoid insignia variety. Good Luck !

Thanks Aldo, I wanna be real sure before i part with my xmas money!!

?

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Thanks Aldo, I wanna be real sure before i part with my xmas money!!
    I hear you. I've been duped many times you can wait for a few more opinions but these are relatively easy to identify. The other type is like the m43 I posted yesterday, a coarse blue wool with hand applied two piece machine embroidered insignia.

I saw that mate, real quality

?

To be honest, I would pass on this cap and wait for another. I don't like the insignia or the manic way it's been stitched on. The HB lining is uncommon and I'd want to see an RB. Nr stamp on one of these caps. Prehaps Manny can step in here because he has a very good eye for M43's but it wouldn't be for me anyway.

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply as I was just about to part with the cash! I'll wait for mannys opinion then.
    Cheers again
    Jay

Hi Jay,Ben and Aldo,
    judging a cap from pictures alone is hard,even more harder trying to ascertain whether it's 100 legit or not.Ben,as far as the lining and the stampings are concerned I wouldn't be put off by the lack of an "Hersteller" or of an RBNr,and the HBT lining looks like Italian lining for Regia Aeronautica uniforms.The buttonholes look correct and I doubt that this cap started its life as a greatcoat or a chewed-up fliegerbluse.I cannot say anything about the trap since the eagle's not that well defined from where I stand but the hyper-serrated (you call it manic) zig-zag stitching can be found on many a Heer M43 and if I'll find the time tomorrow I'll try to take a few pictures of some specimens from my collection.I agree that it's not that common on Lufty M43s but it's not that rare either.
    A hands-on inspection looking for those little details we know so well would be mandatory in this case.Me...if I'd be 106% sure that the seller would take it back in case I wouldn't like it I'd bite the bullet and commit,thoroughly inspect it from head to toe upon its arrival and see with my own eyes,touch with my own hands and smell(yessirree!!!!!) wit my own nose.
    The pictures haven't been very useful so far,to me at least,since I'd need a close up of the buttonholes,a close up of the rear of the area the buttons are sewn on and of the reinforcing strip often sewn in the hem of the folding earcover if it's there.A quick look at one of my threads on M43s would easily tell you what to look for and what to ASK for!
    HTH
    Manny

Hi Manny, thanks alot for your most informative reply! I think I'll ask for a few more photos of the areas you mentioned my friend and post them here if thats ok?
    Thank you very much for taking the time to look
    Jay

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Hi Manny, thanks alot for your most informative reply! I think I'll ask for a few more photos of the areas you mentioned my friend and post them here if thats ok?
    Thank you very much for taking the time to look
    Jay
    You're welcome Jay....make a search here for my threads...I don't wanna say that other members' threads are less informative than mine but as far as detailed pictures are concerned (and detailes unveiled!) my threads are a step higher...only because I'm not shy when it comes to point out where and what to look for...hope other member will follow my steps...it's not that difficult after all....with a little will therre's a way !
    Cheer
    Manny
    Last edited by Canuck63; 01-08-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast