Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Panzer officer's field cap

Article about: Any opinions on whether this Panzer M43 field cap is right would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default M43 Panzer officer's field cap

Any opinions on whether this Panzer M43 field cap is right would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

M43 Panzer officer's field capM43 Panzer officer's field capM43 Panzer officer's field capM43 Panzer officer's field capM43 Panzer officer's field cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Panzer officer's field cap
    P
    Many

Caroline, M-43s are not my specialty, but that is a civil eagle. I would guess it is Postal related (but they usually wore orange piping).
    Anyone else have any ideas?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

ooops, I'm probably barking up completely the wrong tree then! The eagle is only attached to the cap with two loose pins so I'm not sure if it's even original.

CBH
    ?

Probably done by the collector, can't see pined insignia passing inspection.
    Could be a good cap with the wrong bird stuck on.

MAP
    ?

I think (but not sure) that I see an outline of an original insignia. If you look close do you see any cut threads or ghosting / color change?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I've looked closer and there is some ghosting as though whatever was there had wider wings, but not much. I was thinking - do you think this could be a Reichsbahn cap?

MAP
    ?

I do not know...but maybe we can tease out some possible answers. Is the ghosting trapezoid shaped? "T" shaped? Or something else
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)