Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

m43 waffen ss cap

Article about: hi guys i have an opportunity to get this for 1500 swedish nad if its real i think its more than worth it cheers DS

moth holes can be faked with the use of acid. Insignia shadows can be faked by placing fake insignia on the fake cap under strong light. I do not understand why these days collectors become seduced by cloth hats missing their original cloth insignia. it will always be a put together piece and not totally original. In the case of this black cap, besides the piping, the lining is incorrect. There are no bargains in today's collector world.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m43 waffen ss cap
    P
    Many

m43 waffen ss cap
    m43 waffen ss cap

here is the condor cap i saw with that exact type of piping
    and regarding the lining here is a greyish green silk lining from oakleaf both pics

cheers DS

the thing with the german headgear is they realy liked their taiorshops and that unfortuantely makes collecting a bitch when it comes to this area but i liked it but perhaps i was wrong regardless im getting it in the mail with a 14 days return policy so i cant realy lose anything if it turns out to be fake

cheers DS

Quote by DS pzkpfwIII View Post
    m43 waffen ss cap
    m43 waffen ss cap

here is the condor cap i saw with that exact type of piping
    and regarding the lining here is a greyish green silk lining from oakleaf both pics

cheers DS
    You asked for opinions and received same from experienced collectors. If you do not wish to take their advice, it is certainly your choice. What leads you to believe the two new examples you showed are genuine?
    BOB

oakleafmilitaria

oakleafmilitaria
    Oakleafmilitaria is known to have quite a few fakes on their site, so using that site for examples is not a foolproof plan...

oakleafmilitaria
    That makes it real then? As always do the research and see and handle originals.... .. then there is no doubt.

yes and that is why i shall inspect it when it arrives and if its no good i return it i just think that when a obsure piping is found on another original piece it atleast gains credibility atleast more than if it was without comparrison

cheers DS

oakleafmilitaria
    Not known as a reliable site. Not worth the smiley face. You need to research your dealers better.
    BOB

oakleafmilitaria
    Good luck if you throw your eggs in the basket of a dealer (known to sell fakes) instead of taking the word of knowledgeable collectors who have no goal other than the truth.
    Not a smart move but it is your money and wasted time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast