Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Minty M43 cap

Article about: Hello again, I've had this M43 cap in my collection for a few years now and I'm thinking about selling it to add some funds for a police shako. There is some slight soiling around the band,

Default Minty M43 cap

Hello again,
    I've had this M43 cap in my collection for a few years now and I'm thinking about selling it to add some funds for a police shako. There is some slight soiling around the band, it doesn't appear to be from wear though, and some crazing in the bill. Other than those issues, the body of the cap is in perfect shape. As I think I will be listing it for sale on the forum, I wanted to start a thread that I could have as reference for the auction. Also, I have never sold any of my militaria, and I was hoping to get some thoughts on what a fair asking price for the cap might be. Any opinions would be most helpful. Thanks.

Todd

Minty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty M43 cap
    P
    Many

An interesting cap and an example of one that I don't yet have in my collection. As such, I know nothing about them. What defines this as TR era production Todd?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    An interesting cap and an example of one that I don't yet have in my collection. As such, I know nothing about them. What defines this as TR era production Todd?
    That is the real question, isn't it? For my own piece of mind I don't really have much to go on other than visual reference I looked up, and the original sellers good reputation. I'm hoping this thread will help to clarify the time period

Hello,
    What's the colour of the wool ?
    Maybe can you post a photo taken under the sunlight
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I'll take a few photos outside when I get home tonight, weather permitting

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    What's the colour of the wool ?
    Maybe can you post a photo taken under the sunlight
    Thanks
    I got home from work a bit later than expected, so I had already lost most of the light, but I managed to snap a few photos. I would definitely say its feldgrau, under natural light anyways.

Minty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 cap

Hello,
    Thanks for the additional photos. In my opinion, from the photos provided, it's not Feldgrau, the wool looks lighter in colour even than the Feldgrau 44 adopted with the Neue Uniform. I dont think that it is an example produced for the army, but more likely for a political/paramilitary organisation (if original of course). There are too many differences with a standard Heer Einheitsfeldmütze...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Other than the color, and the bakelite buttons, could you tell me some of the other differences. I appreciate all the help on this. The whole time I've been thinking this was an M43

Hello again,
    I'm not saying that it is not a M43, i'm saying that it is a M43 that might have been produced for another organisation than for the army...
    If we talk about Einheitsfeldmützen, there are photos that are needed to carry on the discussion....

reverse of the buttons area, reverse of flaps, rear of the cap with flap up, lack or not of reinforcing cloth where the front flaps are folded...etc...

So far, i've seen differences with stitchings of standards M43s...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Thanks. I really would like to get to the bottom of this. I'll post more detailed photos tonight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast