Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Minty M43 cap

Article about: Hello again, I've had this M43 cap in my collection for a few years now and I'm thinking about selling it to add some funds for a police shako. There is some slight soiling around the band,

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello again,
    I'm not saying that it is not a M43, i'm saying that it is a M43 that might have been produced for another organisation than for the army...
    If we talk about Einheitsfeldmützen, there are photos that are needed to carry on the discussion....

reverse of the buttons area, reverse of flaps, rear of the cap with flap up, lack or not of reinforcing cloth where the front flaps are folded...etc...

So far, i've seen differences with stitchings of standards M43s...
    Thanks
    Here's some more detail photos. The color is a bit washed out as I had to use the flash.

Minty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 capMinty M43 cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty M43 cap
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Well, well, well...the colour of the wool is totally different now...it looked like OT, RAD or SA colour yesterday, and looks Feldgrau today....
    I do not like what i see on the photos. I do not like the buttonholes and the reverse of this area. The lack of reinforcing cloth where the front flaps are folded is not a good thing either....the lack of internal sweatband identified by the lack of the circular stitching around the lower part of the crown is also a problem....the cloth loops meant for the ear covers are missing...the single row of stitching on the upper part of the front flaps is wrong....

In my opinion, here we are :

If the cap is not Feldgrau, but rather light brown (or ant other colour)...., it might be a simplified production for a political or paramilitary organisation...

If the cap is Feldgrau (or Feldgrau 44), which is almost impossible to know as your three sets of photos show three different colours, it means that it might be a reproduction...too many differences with an original Heer Einheitsfeldmütze...i'm sorry to say.
    I do not believe that it could be an original cheap production for the Heer. This cap is very well made with a powerful sewing machine that can work with several layers of fabric as seen on the rear of the cap, but the maker(s) didn't know about the full amount of specifications asked to makers at the time...like the ones i gave you above. IMO it's an old repro from a time when makers knew how to work but didn't know exactly what to do...this time is now over. They know how to work and exactly what to do...
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPhilip; 08-31-2014 at 04:54 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Well, not the best news, but I'm glad to know, one way or the other. Thanks for all the help on this

Damn Todd...sorry to read your verdict. It looked really nice too.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Damn Todd...sorry to read your verdict. It looked really nice too.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Actually, it looks like its going to turn out ok. I contacted the seller and he said I could return the cap for a credit towards something else. I've bought some quality stuff from him, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Quote by ToddMalnar View Post
    I contacted the seller and he said I could return the cap for a credit towards something else.

Hello,
    Good thing to know...
    Please gentlemen, try to post items on the forum before the purchase (if possible of course).
    and make sure that the seller has a return policy
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2