Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity

Article about: Thank you for the resources, I have received multiple notifications for updates on this threads except for the last few post so I didn't know. I have never tried to do research on these item

Default This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity

I asked the seller if there were any tags or labels underneath the sweatband and he said that there were none.
    Attached Images Attached Images This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity  This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity  This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity  This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity
    P
    Many

Thank you for your post. You are in the right place if you seek orientation in what is a conflicted and confusing object. But let me be blunt, and please do not construe my words for anything other than constructive advice. You do not need to buy said cap, unless you wish to own a fake.

We have many images of real caps in various places, and you can invest an hour looking at these files and you will have saved yourself a reasonable sum of money.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-28-2014 at 04:00 AM.

Also, as a word to the wise, the Army officers' clothing sales outlet coop (Kleiderkasse) was a separate entity from that run by the SS Verwaltungsamt.

The marking you see of this Lubstein cap is for an army cap.

Certain army caps were indeed recycled in the SS, due to the shortage of the latter and the lack of branches at a point of the SS Kleiderkasse, a fact that was remedied, then, in early 1941, when such grey SS caps were then to be made freely by licensed hatters or more. Thereafter the SS Kleiderkasse grew across Nazi Europe in a remarkable way.

- - ------- - -

Only in the rarest and most extreme case can you find an RZM tag beneath the sweat band of a grey SS cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-28-2014 at 04:07 AM.

The RZM tags tend to be in black caps.

Fake RZM tags are found often in fake caps in their variety.

- - ------- - -

Do look at Mr. Mint's files of authentic grey SS caps, where has assembled a useful survey of the material.

I am sure he will append here the link.

This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticityThis is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticityThis is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticityThis is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticityThis is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticityThis is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticityI own more than one of these, ergo my bombast, for which I do apologize.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity  
    Attached Images Attached Images This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity 

Here and constructed with no small effort by one of our stalwarts is a compendium of mostly more authentic caps.

You can orient yourself in this rich material.

A Guide to Authentic Third Reich Visor Hats at War relics forum

Hi David, you have been given sound advice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

And, in this case, the sound advice apparently so shocked the poster or not, and such a thread ends in the odd digital silence that is so often the norm.

I always wonder about the real motives of such a thread, in fact, whether the naive question springs from an honest motive or not.

Surely the knowledge we offer here has some value, at least I think so.

This is my first time buying a Waffen SS visor and I need help identifying its authenticity

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast