Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this M43 luft cap

Article about: I collect WWII German items so im not just here to ask "what is this worth" and leave. So here we go. My second source of income is buying storage units and selling the contents. A

Default Need help with this M43 luft cap

I collect WWII German items so im not just here to ask "what is this worth" and leave. So here we go.

My second source of income is buying storage units and selling the contents. About a month ago I came across this at a storage auction. It was an older mans lot is all I know. Dont know if he was a vet or not. Any help on verification of it being original or not would be great. And please, explain how you came to your conclusion. Thanks everyone. I have repop M43's and its nothing like that. Never owned an original though... Need help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft cap

If anyone would like more photos please ask and ill post them up.

Riley

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this M43 luft cap
    P
    Many

I have seen caps with this kind of quilted lining. I have seen Flak Helfer caps with this lining. This LW cap has some unusual features like the grey leather sweat band. Initially I'm inclined to think it is good. We do need more photos. One thing I need to see is along each side at the end of the visor. Usually, you will small loops of cloth there for securing ear protection. It appears the cap insignia is attached or repaired with some black thread. That doesn't automatically dismiss it - but it sure is sloppy and unmilitary. Others need to chime in. NH

More photos of what you requested.

Need help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft capNeed help with this M43 luft cap

?

It is a reproduction sir.

SteveR, Can you elaborate? The sweat band, lack of loops and some unusual sewing details reveal this one? NH