Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

NEED HELP u boot captain hat

Article about: I learned a long time ago that when it is necessary to continually try to convince myself that an item is genuine, IT IS NOT. This cap is definitely a piece of 4th Reich junk! If you do not

Default Re: NEED HELP u boot captain hat

I learned a long time ago that when it is necessary to continually try to convince myself that an item is genuine, IT IS NOT. This cap is definitely a piece of 4th Reich junk! If you do not wish to take the advice of advanced collectors who have no doubt, why are you asking?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP u boot captain hat
    P
    Many

?

Steve, is spot on the money with regards to these caps costing $2,500 even $5,000- $8,000 USD . I have 1 U boot cap which is a LT cap . Made by Manfred Mahn, in Germany in 1996 . I have fitted all original buttons to this very well made reproduction , cellion bullion and cockade. Eagle of late war all correct and a two peace cover. Unfortunately original caps of the era can also be made into U boot caps with a little stitching and modifications.This cap here in the pics shows to be in my opinion a reproduction made to look old.The side chin strap button's which would have an anchor on them look to big for the cap. Also most makers placed air micro holes in the sweat band of different patterns, even the name of the wearer could be placed in a pattern on the sweat band.

Cheer's, Mark
    Last edited by Mark; 06-25-2011 at 07:33 AM.

A Repro cap

...buddy i looked at the ebay listing when it was running..the seller just puts old photos in all his adds to make it look as though the items he sells are authentic....im not a 40 year experienced collector..but i do know enough to know that this cap is crap and only a repro...have a look at photos of known original ones...you will soon learn that "if its too good to be true it probably is"...just my opinion...

+ 1 !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3