Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on this Feldmütze für SS

Article about: Hi all, I have an opportunity to buy this nice SS cap, but would like some opinions before I pull the trigger. What do you guys think? Thanks! Dzyner I collect WW2 German SS Tunics, US Unifo

?

Default Need opinions on this Feldmütze für SS

Hi all,

I have an opportunity to buy this nice SS cap, but would like some opinions before I pull the trigger. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect WW2 German SS Tunics, US Uniforms and Japanese Uniforms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on this Feldmütze für SS
    P
    Many

Default re: Need opinions on this Feldmütze für SS

Hi, looks to have had a bit of wear to the inside which is promising,but on your pictures it does look as though there is a mark underneath the badge which looks as though the one on it is a replacement(or is that just a trick of the light?)

?

Default re: Need opinions on this Feldmütze für SS

Thanks FALLSCHIRMJAGER. I'm going to chalk it up to a trick with the lighting because the original full size shots on my end don't show any indication of a previous badge. Plus the cloth matches almost 100%, wouldn't you agree?

?

Default Re: Need opinions on this Feldmütze für SS

These are tough to authenticate. I've never seen this type of eagle on such thick wool backing before but that means very little. VA stamp is very blurred. Does it have the hole through the front for the TK button?

?

It is a little tough for me to see clearly in the photos. I like what I see so far, the eagle looks fine to me. I don't see a button on the front of the cap, it should be attached with what is referred to as a S-ring. Do you have photos of the button and the method of attachment? The RZM tag and the VA stamp look correct to me, though a straight shot of the VA stamp would make for a better opinion.

CMH

?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it since the price was right. I should have it next week and will take more photos and post.

The hat is quite textbook in all aspects , yours is a cookie cutter example for 1938 , the eagle is thick because they are made with a extra piece of cloth backing ,again its what you want to see. you did well for yourself.

?

I got the cap today and it looks nice! Here are a few more photos that I took showing various angles and areas. Let me know if anyone would like to see specific shots. You can also find more on my site... SS EM NCO M34 Overseas Cap.

Dzyner