Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need opinions on SS visor...

Article about: Hi all. I'd like to get some opinions on this visor. I have yet to add one to my collection and this one has crossed my path for potential purchase. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Need opinions on SS visor...The missing RZM tag likely looked like this, as is found in the scads of well executed fakes which have lately suffocated the innocent and dismayed the hopeful.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on SS visor...
    P
    Many

Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...Need opinions on SS visor...I am not going to assess each and every defect in a fake, since I feel no duty to do so.

The issue of fake RZM tags caused me to have a stroke already today and I promised my doctors that I would avoid unnecessary stress.

Happy hats, happy tags, happy peaks, and happy happiness.

Wishes and hopes, however, do not authentic SS regalia make.

Wishes and hopes joined with a level of ambition unsupported by adequate preparation means much heartache for all concerned.

Nor are these digital pictures the real touch stone of these items. Physical examination with all the senses is the key.

I am always happy to entertain other, countervailing evidence to mine. I welcome such a thing. I have down loaded more or less twenty thousand pictures from the internet since about 2000 or 2001 and what I write here is also based on this collection. I own and have owned about forty complete black SS uniforms and more than sixty black and grey SS peaked caps, and some other SS soft caps and one black helmet....the first black cap did I buy in the summer of 1971, ten years after I saw my first piece of Nazi regalia in a moment akin to the first carnal act of.....

Mr. Mint has done more than I, since my interests are limited to but part of the regalia of the SS. His threads are filled with precious knowledge of a

very rich and complete kind. His compendium of threads is without peer. But no one can seriously collect these items by these pictures alone.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-25-2016 at 04:32 AM.

dyz, it is a fake.
    As F-B notes, the fakers read these posts as well, and they have "reverse-engineered" their wares to conform to our criticism.
    I can guarantee the reason the RZM tag is gone because those are the easiest "tell" of a bad hat.

We teach by the silent Socratic method--look at the forum on authentic caps, and compare them to their opposite number in the questionable hats forum, and draw conclusions from those.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Need opinions on SS visor...
    Quote by stonemint View Post
    dyz, it is a fake.
    As F-B notes, the fakers read these posts as well, and they have "reverse-engineered" their wares to conform to our criticism.
    I can guarantee the reason the RZM tag is gone because those are the easiest "tell" of a bad hat.

We teach by the silent Socratic method--look at the forum on authentic caps, and compare them to their opposite number in the questionable hats forum, and draw conclusions from those.
    Thanks very much, indeed. I am painfully aware of the challenge and response of this digital heap, and I am very torn about it.

I also embrace the Socratic method, which all too often becomes the labor of Sisyphus, where by today too many rocks of too great weight have landed on my head.

For those who rely solely on these pictures, the effort is frustrating, but the whole task is nerve wracking.

Our friends here won't steer you wrong. I am admittedly still learning and collecting SS headwear but I take the opportunity of posts like these to test myself on what I have gathered so far from countless posts like these. Upon viewing the photos and before scrolling to F-B evaluation, all the materials looked unlike those defined here with description and visual reference to authentic caps.

Quote by seventyeighth View Post
    Our friends here won't steer you wrong. I am admittedly still learning and collecting SS headwear but I take the opportunity of posts like these to test myself on what I have gathered so far from countless posts like these. Upon viewing the photos and before scrolling to F-B evaluation, all the materials looked unlike those defined here with description and visual reference to authentic caps.
    You have done very well with some encouragement from this space. Happy hats. And happy black coats, too, as I think of it.

Dyz-
    It is a fact that the fakers and the purveyors of their trash read the forums. Even with attempts to validate the Koch white visor over at WAF, the knowledge of the membership here was able to point out only a couple of flaws in the piece and boom-it disappears from the site marketing it. The forum is here to point it 's members in the direction of how to self educate oneself in how to recognize real from fake. We can not point out every flaw for the fakers to correct. Try to handle and study all facets of the construction of genuine items and learn.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Dyz-
    It is a fact that the fakers and the purveyors of their trash read the forums. Even with attempts to validate the Koch white visor over at WAF, the knowledge of the membership here was able to point out only a couple of flaws in the piece and boom-it disappears from the site marketing it. The forum is here to point it 's members in the direction of how to self educate oneself in how to recognize real from fake. We can not point out every flaw for the fakers to correct. Try to handle and study all facets of the construction of genuine items and learn.
    Thank you, Bob, I appreciate you making my point with more grace and finesse than I am able.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast