MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze

Article about: Good morning gentlemen I just purchased this M43 feldmutze at auction and I had no time to post it for consideration by the membership so I guess it is now time to see if I need to dig out m

?

Default New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze

Good morning gentlemen I just purchased this M43 feldmutze at auction and I had no time to post it for consideration by the membership so I guess it is now time to see if I need to dig out my hankie for a cry or if I am going to have perma grin all day I did not even have enough time to do more than look at a couple of photos for comparison :shok_yikes:So I took a chance I did not pay a lot of money for it but I would like to know either way if it is original or is it just to be a display piece in my collection of headgear all comments are welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze   New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze  

New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze   New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze
    P
    Many

Default Re: New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze

Hi Mark, is this Luftwaffe blue? It looks it to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The photos are deceiving Adrian in some they look almost blue and others are more of a stone grey the seller did not have what branch of the service listed just as an M43 what is your opinon on the cap it self Adrian do I need to drag out my hankie.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 12-19-2011 at 01:28 AM.

?

Although the exterior wool might be authentic as in from a coat or tunic, the lining, ink stamps, buttons etc do not conform to any original M43 that I've seen or handled. What's more, the front of the lining seems to have been opened up at one point then poorly repaired.

?

Thanks for the reply Ben and Adrian as to the buttons Ben I had seen photos of this type as well as buttons made from fruitwood used on M43 caps that were produced and or manufacturerd in Italy. I had noticed that the cap had been crudely resewn around the brim area but tried to look past that detail at the rest of the cap .I always have such a hard time wth these and I should have passed on it but live and learn once it arrives in hand I will take some better photos of it and repost them thank you for taking the time to look at it gentlemen . I guess I can take out my hankie now for a good

Merry Christmas to you both and I wish you and your families a happy new year

Best regards Mark K

?

Merry Christmas Mark!

Some better photos would help a lot when you have time. Looking again, the lining looks like the typical cream coloured rayon you see in visor caps.

?

Thanks Ben once I get it in hand in a couple of weeks I will take some better photos to add to the original post .

Kind regards Mark K

?

The Einheitsfeldmutze had arrived today in the post and upon inspection the wool is a green grey in color with a considerable amount of napp in the wool in different areas of the cap. There is no napping in the wool on the front of the cap and there is a faint impression were there would appear to have been a Heer eagle sewn on the cap at one time but there are no sewing marks evident in the liner . The RB-Nr. is 0/0566/00615 the buttons on the front of the cap are made from wood as previously stated I purchased this cap at auction and I am unshur of its authenticity any and all opinions are welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze   New purchase: Einheitsfeldmutze  

?

I like this cap a lot more now from viewing the new photos.

Still, it's NOT typical of any M43 that I've seen before.

?

It is a very unusual Cap Ben I have been searching every data base and website I can looking for an exact match but so far I can not find an exact one to compare it to . I have seen examples of this type of button used on some of the italian manufactured caps. It has some of construction characteristics of an Italian made cap, And or one that was manufactured for the Eastern Peoples except that the color is green instead of the brown you would see on an Eastern Peoples M43 Feldmutze . I can not quite put my finger on it I like the cap a lot more since I have it in hand I just wish I could learn a little more about it I will post a few more photos

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast