Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake

Article about: AHHHHH.....faking the A.H. hat is a good suggestion. It does look like that is what was being tried.

pegase001
    ?

Default NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake

Hi, I can have this visor caps. I have a bad feeling about it. I think that the eagle, the stamp and the buttons are not right and for rest I don't know.

cheers, pegase001

2. # ADS

Default re: NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake

A very nice fake !
    the insignia are original.
    Sebastien.

pegase001
    ?

hi

I thought that the eagle was a fake. the marks m/.. are so fat.
    cheers

pegase001

Quote by pegase001 View Post
    hi

I thought that the eagle was a fake. the marks m/.. are so fat.
    cheers

pegase001
    also the pins are very bad (rough)weled and the insigna is badly cut out (reamains on the edges!!). Thise is just what I see, impartial about fake or good , but it leaves no good feeling with me.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

This piece above at the lead here is a Janke cap. The NSDAP PL Kokarde is authentic, however. The exterior of the cap is well done save for the dorky velvet. The stamp on the sweat band is pathetic. Someone here will know when these caps were made, but the cap is quite fake. But a well made fake, that nonetheless diverged from the originals. Iy you want to see many nice, authentic PL caps, look at Jeff Clark's website for NSDAP uniforms. And the moderator here, Mr. Stonemint is very at home with this material, which he collects. Clark actually has a cap like the above (but authentic...see images here) on his website that was once my property. It is a bargain. Buy it from him, but it had no RZM tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake   NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake  

pegase001
    ?

hi

thanks a lot for your informations

cheers, pegase001

In nearly all cases, such PL caps have an RZM tag thus: This is the RZM code for Felix Weissach or Weissbach, Glachau, Sachsen. The stamp on the sweat band of the Janke cap is totally bogus.
    Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake 

as concerns the velvet.

The fakers seldom get this detail right, either in NSDAP caps or those of the SS. Original velvet is quite special and particular in its appearance and feel. This cap here so illustrated I first saw in 1981 and later bought in the mid 1990s from a noted collector and then sold in the middle of this decade. I should buy it back, but how can one hold on to all of this stuff somehow?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake  

Velvet in an SS officer's cap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake  
    Attached Images Attached Images NSDAP Political leader schirmutze - good or fake 

I concur with F-B. It is a Janke repro, and they got the insignia wrong. The eagle is a a civil/state eagle, primarily for Reichsbahn. Wreath is Wehrmacht style. They were either trying to re-create AH's hat (poorly), or just didn't have access to repros of the standard PL wreath back then (which are now faked by the gazillions.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast