Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NSKK Kepi any good?

Article about: very intersting....I'm too curious in these definitions of "last version" and such regarding peak height.

Default Re: NSKK Kepi any good?

Quote by North of 55 View Post
    HMMMM really, if you read the Saris book it explains things spoken about above, As for the tag I have seen the same tag a few times. New and old looking visors........ I would have to disagree.

Best.
    Welcome to the Forum. The white RZM tag is certainly a genuine design. The problem is that it would have been phased out prior to the introduction of the new form of NSKK kepi. I do not unterstand you your last comment on new and old looking visors. If you are saying that any piece of headgear from this period needs to look old, please read my second post on this thread as I also disagreed with those who said it looked to new.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Kepi any good?
    P
    Many

So before 1936 ended was there not variations of Kepi's {example eagle} out there and posiblle these tags made it on these caps as well, as I have seen this same tag on two others, is it possible?

So before 1936 ended was there not variations of Kepi's {example eagle} out there and posiblle these tags made it on these caps as well, as I have seen this same tag on two others, is it possible?
    I don't see what this isn't completely possible, nay probable, considering this trend being seen in other areas of manufacturing in the third Reich and in caps!! For example, I strongly believe that are black SS caps that have both the black and white tags that were manufactured simultaneously as they were transitioning over...

Anything is possible in the world of human error. In the field of 3rd Reich collecting, anything found with a major variance from a regulated norm will be viewed with extreme skepticism. Such a piece is not the best place to put one's money in my opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree Bob, with the part regarding that, especially when it comes to cap collecting that variations are a common part of the hobby. But I don't know how far I would go with this piece in regards to a poor investment? It reminds of the last version black ss cap with a white tag.....No offense as that I know you are much more experienced, Just trying to learn. So there is no evidence to point to that the cap is bad, but simply that the tag doesn't conform to the majority?

Bob I respect your opinion also. But this does not make this cap bad if its just a variation of a Tag. Are there more concerns with this visor, or is it just a period variation which really does not make it bad?

?

Personally i just gave my opinion and stand by it. I don't like the Kepi. However i am not an "expert" on political headgear. It's not only the tag i do not like. It's of course possible it's good. I guess it would take a "hands on" inspection by a very knowledgeable person to determine if fabric, tags, chinstrap etc is period. As i wrote, the CS looks very different from the good Kepi i have seen. The eagle head was also pointing in the same direction as Bob's. To the right when looking at it. Anybody who knows about the "lefty" eagle?

Regards, Lars

?

Bob I respect your opinion also. But this does not make this cap bad if its just a variation of a Tag. Are there more concerns with this visor, or is it just a period variation which really does not make it bad?
    IMHO chinstrap and that the eagle head points to the left as i have written above.

Regards, Lars and welcome to the forum

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Personally i just gave my opinion and stand by it. I don't like the Kepi. However i am not an "expert" on political headgear. It's not only the tag i do not like. It's of course possible it's good. I guess it would take a "hands on" inspection by a very knowledgeable person to determine if fabric, tags, chinstrap etc is period. As i wrote, the CS looks very different from the good Kepi i have seen. The eagle head was also pointing in the same direction as Bob's. To the right when looking at it. Anybody who knows about the "lefty" eagle?

Regards, Lars

Well I know the "lefty" eagle as you call it is found on others and in references. and I think general etiquette demands more than simply that it may be bad and thus I don't like it! Such things can ruin a great piece without any type of learning experience or warrant for such a claim. You say the chinstrap and such look different....thats an interesting point, I'm interested in this thread now and don't see much of a difference between other caps of this vintage.

NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast