Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NSKK Kepi any good?

Article about: very intersting....I'm too curious in these definitions of "last version" and such regarding peak height.

Default Re: NSKK Kepi any good?

I base my opinion on having collected kepis for many years. I have owned over 100 kepis in my collecting years and still own over 50. The fakes of kepis have been getting better and better.
    Without a hands on examination, judgement can only be made from the images projected. As the fakes improve, one must look for the little things that are an error. The fakers have also made the same mistake with the white RZM tag in numerous other fake political organization visors. White tags found in caps made in the late 1930's He who buys must make a decision on what they are comfortable with. There is enough that I do not like that I would not want this piece without a total hands on.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Kepi any good?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    Well I know the "lefty" eagle as you call it is found on others and in references. and I think general etiquette demands more than simply that it may be bad and thus I don't like it! Such things can ruin a great piece without any type of learning experience or warrant for such a claim. You say the chinstrap and such look different....thats an interesting point, I'm interested in this thread now and don't see much of a difference between other caps of this vintage.
    Well... I have since the beginning of the thread given reasons my reasons for why i do not like it, so i have not just called it "bad" without stating why. Sorry about calling it a "lefty" but English is not my native tongue. I'm Danish. The chinstraps i have seen was not as thick as this one and had a sort of a stippled outline along the edges. Again, i am just writing from my point of knowledge which is not by any means "complete" in this field. I always give my opinion if i have one. Why should i not? I never just call out an item bad without telling why i think so. If i would not have given my opinion, we would not have had this discussion, but more importantly, i would not have learned anything. Now i know the "lefty" eagle and that black & white tabs where used even i never seen them on political headgear.

Regards, Lars

I understand your point, But one should review and make suggestions in a manner suggesting that it would require a hand inspection then, Not a quick pull of the cord that suggests the cap is bad and everyone jumps on the band wagon. There are other collectors and bigs ones that have made mistakes on judging an item. You are right there are good fakes out there, but I think one should know this 100% before calling the item in question bad, therefore altering the entire audience's opinion.
    I respect your knowledge regarding Kepis, But I do think you may have jumped the gun a bit early on this particular cap without getting the whole story first.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I base my opinion on having collected kepis for many years. I have owned over 100 kepis in my collecting years and still own over 50. The fakes of kepis have been getting better and better.
    Without a hands on examination, judgement can only be made from the images projected. As the fakes improve, one must look for the little things that are an error. The fakers have also made the same mistake with the white RZM tag in numerous other fake political organization visors. White tags found in caps made in the late 1930's He who buys must make a decision on what they are comfortable with. There is enough that I do not like that I would not want this piece without a total hands on.
    I have great respect for Bob's views.

Those of us wondering in which direction the National eagle head points can take solace in the fact that the same question was being asked in 1937. Here is a request from SS-Oberabschnitte-Rhein for clarification from the SS-Hauptamt about whether it faced right or left.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSKK Kepi any good?  

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Those of us wondering in which direction the National eagle head points can take solace in the fact that the same question was being asked in 1937. Here is a request from SS-Oberabschnitte-Rhein for clarification from the SS-Hauptamt about whether it faced right or left.
    d'Alquen
    Wonderful source. Thanks.

We are asked to appraise a piece from a member who is evidently considering purchase of same. Such items need to be viewed with a critical eye and an opinion given based on personal experience. This is not a case of jumping the gun. It deals with advising a member your experience and thoughts. Those thoughts can be considered or ignored. Take your choice.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It is great that we can base our opinion on what we know which is part of what makes this hobby interesting. With respect to this particular Cap, I respect your opinion but I also respect the opinion of the person who sold me the Cap and also has many years of experience behind him. I would also point out that a letter of authenticity was included with the Cap and based on my opinion and that of the previous seller and other well known collectors this Cap is authentic in their opinion. Its always great to have another person's perspective on something as long it's done with a open mind.

Best
    Mario

Do let me observe this: Bob Coleman's collection formed the basis for what must be regarded as one of the first English language books on caps by the famous Stan Bozich ca. 1968. Pieces from the Coleman collection are in the Saris book, which is, at least in my forty seven years of experience in such issues, the best English language source. To those who are new to this site, your own success here will be greater to the degree that you can contribute something beyond statements empty of evidence, pictorial material, et cetera.
    This site, which to a significant degree was built by Bob Coleman, and certain others, has always used visual evidence.
    Such a statement may be jarring to some who read this, for which I nonetheless make no apologies. This site has a standard and its successful members can disagree in a polite way.
    Mr. d'Alquen has made a nice addition here with his document. The more original sources we see, the better it will be for all concerned.
    These make for a yet more open mind, I think.

Ditto the above.
    Attached Images Attached Images NSKK Kepi any good?  NSKK Kepi any good? 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast