Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

NSKK Kepi any good?

Article about: very intersting....I'm too curious in these definitions of "last version" and such regarding peak height.

Default Re: NSKK Kepi any good?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Ditto the above.
    Thank you. The very book, which I do not today own, but well recall from my earlier collecting career. In the year in which it was published, I threw myself body and soul into collection III. Reich thingies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSKK Kepi any good?
    P
    Many

Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    For example, I strongly believe that are black SS caps that have both the black and white tags that were manufactured simultaneously as they were transitioning over...
    What proof do you have to back up this statement? I can say that I believe all of the parts daggers Jim Atwood sold were actually not. In no way does that make it a fact. I am only mentioning this as I do not want collectors to believe this as it has no backup. My last word on this thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I just meant that doesn't it make sense that there was a point where white & black tags were utilized in caps, be it even for a few weeks? Just tryin' to learn, no disrespect!

NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?
    Quote by THE RED BARON View Post
    I just meant that doesn't it make sense that there was a point where white & black tags were utilized in caps, be it even for a few weeks? Just tryin' to learn, no disrespect!
    The RZM circulars make clear that irregularities were hardly rare. If you read the sources closely, however, which is seldom the case, the tags were introduced and phased out regularly in order to frustrate fakers and to exert control.
    In this connection, I am not aware of white and black tags being used by the same firm at the same time, unless you have an example to show us. This is something that I pursue with singular energy, since I collect black SS caps and black SS tunics and have done so for four decades and more.

I have also, as best as possible, uploaded every RZM tag in an SS cap that has appeared in this medium.

NSKK Kepi any good?SS RZM tags hardly appear in the RZM circulars, save perhaps in one or two instances, the most noteworthy of which is the late 1934 promulgation of the white SS tag for caps with runes.....
    One problem with collectors and these tags is the inability to decipher them, and the tendency to date them incorrectly. These are issues which we have analyzed in our thousands of threads.

Wilhelm Saris knows more about this issue than I do, and maybe he will offer something here for our reflection.

the very first white tag you posted FB, is the tag that I have seen in a "last form" black EM/NCO visor. My initial point, was simply that there were probably the same "form" of black type visor being produced at the same time with some being produced with white tags and some black during transition? would you disagree? curios, or did all manufacturer's stop using this white tag on 1 day?

NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?The white tag is from a cap which I believe was made in 1936. It is not mine, though I have one similar. I believe that Saris suggests, and the "last form," that of 1939, had a higher crown than one of 1936, though I am not totally sure of this.

The cap with a high crown emerged more or less by 1936, but I believe its crown grew a couple of centimeters in 1939....i.e. the last form.

If you read Saris and the RZM circulars, new tags were officially introduced and the statement made that old forms of tags were obsolete, and no longer to be used.....

However, the SS is expressly mentioned almost not at all.

I own about fifty SS caps, most of them black, hence my generalizations.

NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?Here is my cap from Mueller with the same tag, and of earlier date, ca. 1935/6.....I think. This cap is in the Wilkins book.

NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?NSKK Kepi any good?My other source, of course, is this RZM circulars, which are an endlessly dense and interesting thig.....in all its hectoring Bavarian and Nazi attitudes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast