Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?

Article about: Good information.Could it be a Reichswehr hat with replaced buillion emblems? HMMMM. Peter

Default Re: Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?

Good information.Could it be a Reichswehr hat with replaced buillion emblems? HMMMM.
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?
    P
    Many

It is a total fake. It is not a rebadged Reichswehr cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It is a total fake. It is not a rebadged Reichswehr cap.
    and how....

Yes--it is a common fake that is regularly sold on Ebay as a repro. Not a real part on it.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks to all of you for your comments. As I mentioned when I listed this hat on the forum, I knew it was a reproduction. I thought this hat could help to educate newer, less experienced collectors. We all have made mistakes in collecting and if we can help others learn from those mistakes that would be beneficial. Of course, knowledge is key in this hobby, therefore if comments could be specific then others would become more knowledgable. ~Peter

After having just finishdined reading the vigorous discussion on the em ss visor,I can understand if you will not comment on specifics regarding my
    confirmed reproduction hat.Like you,I donot want to enhance fakery.
    Peter

Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?I do not want to be rude, but your cap with the cloth peak lies far, far outside the range of authenticity for a ton of reasons that I cannot easily list here without huge effort and time. I have enclosed authentic examples as a contrast. My pictures are not very good, but a piece by piece visual essay is a thing of many hours and even then, I am not sure what one achieves with it. That is, much of this is akin to learning how to swim without water. In the case of the black SS enlisted caps, I have improved the fakes through ten years of witless, naive and foolish sharing of authentic items, for which I am now quite sorry. I have harmed more than I have helped.
    In any case, I will add a Rw cap here that was once mine as a hint. I do not easily have examples of Rw field caps, though they are well illustrated in a fine book published in Austria in collaboration with the Bavarian Army Museum in Ingolstadt. The volumes are the catalog of same and the basis to collect such regalia.
    Far more effective than this hodge podge of posts and the lack of clarity of same.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Again thanks for your input ,recommendations,and sharing of knowledge.I will be looking for the RW cap to compare.
    Peter

Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Officers hat-General staff, real or repo?Here is an Rw that was my property once. It was nazified ca. 1934. The field cap was different, of course, based on the field cap of the old armies, but in field grey.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2011 at 02:23 AM.

Actually, the cap at the head of this thread is not unlike an FRG customs cap as worn in the 1970s and 1980s, if I recall. It was a kind of Feldmuetze w. a cloth peak. The color and appearance are similar, but I have no image of same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast