Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Olympia ski cap 1936

Article about: This is currently for sale at FranzFruth militaria www.ffmilitaria.com The cap is not mine, i have not seen such cap before, so it would be very interesting to know what you all say. Sadly t

?

Default Olympia ski cap 1936

This is currently for sale at FranzFruth militaria www.ffmilitaria.com

The cap is not mine, i have not seen such cap before, so it would be very interesting to know what you all say.
    Sadly the insignia is missing. I have included the description, not altered anything.

ULTRA RARE WHITE WINTER CAP FOR THE GERMAN OLYMPIA TEAM GARMISCH PATENTKIRCHEN
    RARE WHITE WINTER CAP FOR GERMAN WINTER OLYMPIA SPORTSMEN 1936. NICE HIGH QUALITY MOUNTAIN TROOPER STYLE CAP; ON THE FRONT SIDE IS A LUFTWAFFEN TYPE INSIGNIAS; BUT FOR ME THIS IS WRONG ON THIS PLACE
    THE CAP IS IN NICE UNTOUGHT CONDITION; ONLY SOME SMALL TRACES OF MOTS ARE ON THE SIDE; PLEASE LOOK TO THE PHOTOS. THE ORIGINAL OLYMPIA INSIGNIAS ARE MISSING
    HARD TO FIND CAP !!!
    Code: 61283Price: 1450.00 EUR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Olympia ski cap 1936   Olympia ski cap 1936  

Olympia ski cap 1936   Olympia ski cap 1936  

Olympia ski cap 1936  
    Attached Images Attached Images Olympia ski cap 1936  Olympia ski cap 1936  Olympia ski cap 1936 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Olympia ski cap 1936
    P
    Many

I have never seen one in white before.
    I am also surprised to see the LW EM/NCO cockade on a civilian cap.
    Also, the maker (Hertlein) made caps long after the war, and who knows the exact era of this.
    Also, a lot of the M-43 guys are of the opinion that sweatdiamonds were not placed in soft caps before 1945.

Need to see what the Skiers wore back in '36, but even those pics wont confirm that this hat is original....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here is another example of an attempt to claim a post-war cap as being a 1936 Olympics ski cap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Olympia ski cap 1936   Olympia ski cap 1936  

Shea has this on his site for sale as an Olympics cap.
    Whether or not it was used in the '36 Olympics is debateable, but it definitely is TR:

Another example of trying to make a piece in to something it is not. For me, it appears to be a camouflage cap for Frosty the Snowman
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

LOL, Bob!

Franz Pfnür wore a cap that is very similar to the one in post 4.
    Note the lack of insignia on it:

Olympia ski cap 1936  

?

Here is another one, currently up for sale on German ebay, also a Garmisch one, the Peschel Hutfabrik did used the brandname post war.
    Its not looking that bad...similar like the Stonemint #4 post, i guess they watched WR and removed the insignia

Ger
    Olympia ski cap 1936Olympia ski cap 1936Olympia ski cap 1936Olympia ski cap 1936Olympia ski cap 1936Olympia ski cap 1936Olympia ski cap 1936

?

Remarkable about the latest Garmisch one is that the zipper is PRYM and the clasp can be TR period.

Ger