Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions needed on Heer Panzer Einheitsfeldmütze

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this at an antique store yesterday and was curious if i did good !!??

Sorry to say the cap is a reproduction.

Wrong material
    Wrong markings
    Bad buttonholes
    Incorrect stitching to front
    Should not have air vents.
    Looks like a Luftwaffe cockade.

Get your money back and take Juan's advice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions needed on Heer Panzer Einheitsfeldmütze
    P
    Many

?

Thank you everyone for your opinions, I was able to take it to a militaria shop here locally and in their opinion deemed genuine.

Quote by larz View Post
    Thank you everyone for your opinions, I was able to take it to a militaria shop here locally and in their opinion deemed genuine.
    And this militaria store specializes in TR items?
    How unfortunate, when it comes time to sell it, you will likely not get your money back.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Sorry to say the cap is a reproduction.

Wrong material
    Wrong markings
    Bad buttonholes
    Incorrect stitching to front
    Should not have air vents.
    Looks like a Luftwaffe cockade.

Get your money back and take Juan's advice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Are these all supposed to lack air vents?

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    And this militaria store specializes in TR items?
    How unfortunate, when it comes time to sell it, you will likely not get your money back.
    Ralph.
    Well the gentleman offered to purchase the cap for $1600, I dont think I am doing too bad in the re-selling category. He also stated that it is a wonderful example and felt perfect. Trust me I am not trying to step on anybody's toes here.

Quote by larz View Post
    Well the gentleman offered to purchase the cap for $1600, I dont think I am doing too bad in the re-selling category. He also stated that it is a wonderful example and felt perfect. Trust me I am not trying to step on anybody's toes here.
    Take his offer, tell him that the money is a wonderful example and feels perfect ( in your wallet ) and run!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by larz View Post
    If that is the case, I would highly recommend that you arrange the deal and walk away with $1200. dollars profit!
    I do not really study these caps even though Panzer are my main interest, but I have been doing a little research since you posted this one. I was skeptical of the button hole stitching right from the start, that's why I asked for more photos. Even most copies that I have looked at have more accurate stitching than this one. If Ade says that there are not supposed to be any air vents, you can take that to the bank, since I could not find any other examples with vent holes to compare.
    I think that would be enough to make me sell it to someone who wants to pay that for it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sell it, quick...

?

In good conscience I contacted the dealer and informed him that I had reason to believe that this hat is a repro. He continued to say that in 39 years of dealing he has personally seen this type of field cap on occasion and it is correct based on the few examples he has seen with vents, he said that in this case people were buying their own uniform items and that there is no real way to have 100% knowledge of every single stitch and variant of uniform items being produced during the latter parts of the war as germany was trying to keep up with the war effort. And here I am confused as ever, I cannot thank everyone enough for their input about this hat and I am reminded why one should never without proper guidance purchase such items.

Sounds like he's trying to persuade you into believing
    it's genuine so he won't have to make a refund.
    ( I wear one of these in winter - Offizier,
    without any insignia - it was $12
    from Ebay.........)
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast