Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?

Article about: These are obviously extremely rare and tough to authenticate. My first impressions are favourable but I'd like to hear some thoughts about the flatwire trapezoid. I'm aware that some collect

?

Default Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?

These are obviously extremely rare and tough to authenticate.
    My first impressions are favourable but I'd like to hear some thoughts about the flatwire trapezoid.
    I'm aware that some collectors are dubious as to whether the black version even existed during the period.
    What's your thoughts gentlemen?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?   Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?  

Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?   Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?
    P
    Many

?

Hi Ben, personally I like it, is the trap machine or hand stitched, to me it looks hand done,is there stitching passing into the interior

I am posting two examples of flatwire trapezoids, one cut from an Officer's M43, the other adorns a reproduction Panzer Officer's M43. Although I have been out of the 3rd Reich collecting loop for some time, the consensus about the Panzer flatwire trapezoids at that time was they were reproductions. This is an example I think would really need to be inspected in hand and returned within the first thirty days if there is any doubt.

?

These are very rare, as you say. This one has a lot of wear to the center of the trap and for some reason , the red area of the roundel is nearly gone. Also, the silver piping is damaged in the front center. This was probably folded in half a lot. Have you bought this, Ben? Or are thinking of buying it.
    Also, it does look hand sewn to the cap as said above. I'd show you one, but the only black trapezoid i have is a BeVo made SS one, and the only Heer one I have is green and not flatwire, sorry.

Hi Ben, i dont dislike it.
    I think its hand work, if not period, really early post war.
    Have you bought it?

Cheers
    Nuno

What need would there be to reproduce these "really early postwar?" Just an observation...
    cheers, Glenn

I like it,looks ok to me.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    What need would there be to reproduce these "really early postwar?" Just an observation...
    cheers, Glenn
    Hi Glenn
    It was just my opinion, i think the further we go in world history, the need to reproduce an item will only increase.
    War period, post war, whatever.
    Fakers, pretty much reproduce anything these days.
    Or, I havent slept at all yesterday, maybe i should rest instead of posting???
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Thanks for all the comments and to Bill especially for posting the 2 trapezoids to study.

The cap is currently for sale on a dealers website, I'm thinking of buying it and the description does mention that it had been folded in half.

They are so tough to judge though via photos and yes, numerous black caps were worn early post war so that makes it even harder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?   Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?  

Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?   Opinions of this Panzer Officers M43 cap?  

?

I won't comment because I haven't studied these. But this might be of interest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast