Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original cap?

Article about: Hello A while ago I acquired this cap and wanted to know if you think it is or not genuine Some people have told me that is original end of the war, but others say it is not, although I have

Default Original cap?

Hello

A while ago I acquired this cap and wanted to know if you think it is or not genuine

Some people have told me that is original end of the war, but others say it is not, although I have not argued why

Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?
    Original cap?

Any help or comments are welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original cap?
    P
    Many

Looks like a fuzzy wuzzy fake to me.

Yes, the material and construction doesn't look right to me, Inparticular the fuzzy wool, the construction and width of the piping and material and color of the peak and lining, in fact all of it really.

It has more wool to it than my Poodle. Not good....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well, the number of people who tell me that is not good exceeds it does say that is original

Thank you so much, guys

This is not my area of expertise but can i ask what are your thoughts on the silver thread chinstrap ,east german or real deal ?

That's what surprises me.

The chinstrap is aluminum (not plastic as I have seen in other false hats) and the eagle Assmann (and in my opinion, is original)

What everyone seems it is not good it is, as you say, that this material is not right

That silver cord looks more to my eyes as coming from Pakistan/India.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi,

sorry to say I agree with the above comments and would say it is not an original cap.

The insides are the biggest tell for me as the sweatband attachment looks machine stitched, the sweat shield looks plastic and the lining is too "full" and may be post war material IMO. The cap has all the hallmarks of being put together very poorly. the material of the crown is more great coat than cap and the peak is I believe a post war one.

Hope this analysis helps in your future purchases and that I have not been over critical.

regards

Tony

?

there is an account on ebay,

sammler1108 auf eBay

and they regularly sell repros that exactly look like the one you posted. I also bought one for about 50€ from him/her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast