Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original cap?

Article about: Hello A while ago I acquired this cap and wanted to know if you think it is or not genuine Some people have told me that is original end of the war, but others say it is not, although I have

Schund.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original cap?
    P
    Many

Quote by SoldadoRaso View Post
    That's what surprises me.

The chinstrap is aluminum (not plastic as I have seen in other false hats) and the eagle Assmann (and in my opinion, is original)

What everyone seems it is not good it is, as you say, that this material is not right
    Trouble is you can always purchase an original chinstrap and eagle to place on a cap to hope to deceive the novice collector. In this day and age of the fakers, you need to do your homework on these caps and this forum is an excellent place to achieve that.

It is what I call an Ebay "Garbage fake", because they are so bad--not even close to the quality of originals.
    They are also what I call "ground-up" fakes--ie, fakes with no original parts.

The eagle and wreath are probably original, and replaced the fake insignia in an attempt to make it more saleable (which brings to mind the old adage about lipstick on a pig....)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

simply awful.

real stinker of a visor.Hope it wasn't too expensive.Use it as a good learning tool.
    Peter

Looks like someone used sandpaper on top of the visor!

I think this hat itself is waving every red flag there is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2