Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original or fake: Heer Officers Schirmmutze

Article about: Hi to all, hope you had a good xmas. Have just recently acquired this cap for a song so am a little bit worried if original or not. I hope the photo's have uploaded ok. It came with the ali

Default Original or fake: Heer Officers Schirmmutze

Original or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers Schirmmutze[]Attachment 781576[[/ATTACH]Original or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers Schirmmutze

Hi to all, hope you had a good xmas. Have just recently acquired this cap for a song so am a little bit worried if original or not. I hope the photo's have uploaded ok. It came with the ali eagle but when removed, it looks to may have had an embroidered eagle which may have been stuck on by some idiot. I don't think the holes where the eagle was are moth but not sure. The embroidered eagle which is on the cap in the photo is one I purchased some years ago, it is just pinned on. I am just getting into German stuff so still a novice and thought best get advise from the people who know so here I am. Any info would be very welcome. I know you only get what you pay for and I only paid £80 so not too worried if its a fake. I am thinking fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or fake: Heer Officers Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Hi Steven Merry Christmas...hang tight ..the cap guys will be along in time..be patient as it is the holiday weekend..but gauranteed..your question will not go un answered. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, thanks for your quick reply. Yep I wasn't expecting a reply to quickly, most likely a lot of hangovers out there to get over.
    All the best
    Steve.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    However, I am sorry to advise you that the hat is a fake, with artificial aging.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hi and many thanks for your reply. I am just starting to get a feel for these caps and this forum is such a great source of information on such a large variety of subjects relating to German militaria. It is such a minefield out their. Shall be saving up about £500 to £600 for a decent cap, You boy's on here are in a different league to me. But what a great investment for the future.
    Kind regards Steve.

Hi again, just wondering if you could point me in the right direction as to a book I could buy to help me with regards to telling fake caps from the real thing. I know the authentic item has a certain feel and smell to them as do all the items I have collected over the years, from caps, uniforms, helmets even deac's. But I have no way of getting the chance to see a real German cap. German militaria seems to be going through the roof no so much so I would love to get into it big, but don't have the finance yet. BTW love your collection and your post of fake caps, some of which even I could pick out but people still buy. It is such a shame that we see this sort of thing happening. EBay is one of the worst sites. Many thanks for taking the time to answer at the time of year.
    All the best Steve.

Original or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal or fake: Heer Officers SchirmmutzeOriginal army peaked cap.

Mr. Mint has an on line study collection of fake and authentic caps. His method is to include caps in one rubric open to debate, i.e. where we are now here on this spot, whereby not all details are analyzed in minute detail.

The point thereby being that the beginner has best to examine in hand the real thing in addition to tutorials and to and fro here via this medium.

I have collected since the 1960s, and have more than one pre-1945 German peaked cap.

The beginner has resources today that no one would have dreamed possible even twenty years ago.

Here is Mr. Mint's pile of real caps. It is without precedent in terms of the concentration of real things, but it is no substitute for the examination of the real thing itself in detail.

We have a lot of knowledge here built up by many fine people at huge, huge expense over decades.

and it costs nothing, other than a thank you, and, perhaps, a contribution to Dimas' and Adrian's little pot of gold that pays to keep the site running.

Paul Sack is a good pen pal of mine, and he observed to me recently in a note that there is no substitute for the in hand examination of these things.

Many times you can easily tell by line of sight through the digital key hole and such, but it is never enough.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...ch-visor-hats/

Paul Sack has perhaps the most formidable collection of peaked caps in North America and I am privileged to associate with him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast