Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

is original this m43???

Article about: Hello, As you will see I am new to this forum and I have lots of questions to ask, is the sigueinte entrte many; this cap is original or is it just a cheap forgery? I say goodbye for now and

Default is original this m43???

Hello,

As you will see I am new to this forum and I have lots of questions to ask, is the sigueinte entrte many; this cap is original or is it just a cheap forgery?

I say goodbye for now and I hope you can help me, greetings to everyone; I´found in web

WW2 German Waffen SS M43 Cap 'Dachau Horde' WW2 German Waffen SS M43 Cap Dachau Horde [LK-2012-07-01] - $795.00 : Soldiers Museum:, Buy/Sell/Trade Historical Militaria

This is an outstanding, original Elite M43 cap from the famous Dachau Horde that was found in a storage depot in Dachau, Germany at the end of WW2. It is constructed in the late war rough Field Gray wool that has various fiber inclusions woven into it (by that time, wool was woven from a blend of chopped up wool rags, blankets. old uniforms, etc). The lining is gray Rayon, and the stitching of the Trapezoid does not show through. The underside of the cloth bill has the paper stiffening exposed, which is a trademark of a Dachau Horde hat. Very little nap remaining to the wool, just spots here and there. Also, some heavier mothing on the crown (see photo #09). The photos show clear details of the stitching and overall construction, as well as the weave of the base fabric.
    The Trapezoid is woven, Bevo-style, silver-gray on green, and attached with a zig-zag stitch. I have been told that this is a rare variation of the woven Trapezoid, similar to, but not identical to the more common Bevo-Wuppertal made ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is original this m43???   is original this m43???  

is original this m43???   is original this m43???  

is original this m43???   is original this m43???  

is original this m43???  
    Last edited by jagdpantherblue; 05-10-2014 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Ive put link

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is original this m43???
    P
    Many

To me very nice m-43 SS I have never owned one in 50 years of collecting great that you know where it came from. timothy

Thanks, I'm thinking about buying it and as much of this, I thank nuevamente.aunque I realize that the visor is a little big (long), this is normal?
    Last edited by jagdpantherblue; 05-14-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: mistipping

Hi

welcome to the forum.

At $795 it certainly is not a cheap forgery, it is an expensive forgery !

It is also one third of the price of an original ss m43 and some .............unusual construction, and the Dachau story as a convincer.............

I am no expert and don't collect SS but I am always willing to ask questions and analyse facts, there is plenty to be cautious about with this one.

Stay on the forum as you may well save yourself a bucket load of money !

cheers

Tony

Agree with previous poster, something is not right with this piece, I would wait for more opinions. Notable references bring up the 'black' M43 panzer caps found at Dachau....were gray ones in that batch too?.....just asking.

SS is a minefield usually with a lot of stories I agree I don't collect SS there are a lot on here that do if fake darn good one. timothy

?

I saw that cap on ebay a few years ago,...it sold for about $1100, then it was back up for sale again for $975 online and stayed there a while,...same cap

For a good ss panzer dachau it depend the lining model or the size . It is around 2500usd

thanks, many thanks, but I´m big spender, ha ha ha