Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Original Schellenberg sonderklasse luftwaffe linings

Article about: Hi Guy's and Girls, I would like to know if some kind sole could tell me please, if Schellenberg ever made a "Luftwaffe" officers schirmmütze with a Blue/Grey lining and grey sweat

Default Original Schellenberg sonderklasse luftwaffe linings

Hi Guy's and Girls,
    I would like to know if some kind sole could tell me please, if Schellenberg ever made a "Luftwaffe" officers schirmmütze with a Blue/Grey lining and grey sweat band. The book I have only mentioned the Luftwaffe officers schirmmütze has having a Gold lining with Tan sweatband.
    This is for the "Original Schellenberg Stirndruckfrei D.R.G.M Sonderklasse".
    Cheers guys.
    Kev.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Schellenberg sonderklasse luftwaffe linings
    P
    Many

Sounds like the hat you are asking about might be a Janke. Can you get photos?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

This is a Janke (and unfortunately, being sold as an original in the current Hermann Historica Auction):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Schellenberg sonderklasse luftwaffe linings   Original Schellenberg sonderklasse luftwaffe linings  

Hey stonemint, are you psychic, you don't need any images, you've already put them on here. "What's a Janke" stonemint and was I correct about the the gold lining with tan sweatband.
    Cheers.
    Kev

Janke made caps are copies.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Not good copies either "I guess"
    Kev

Janke copies have been around at least 30 years and continue to fool people.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, is there any chance you could have a look at another one for me that I have on the "Cap Authentication forum" under the title "Panzergrenadiere Schirmmütze" I think that one's OK but I would just like it confirmed.
    Kev.

Here is another Janke being sold as an original--these things still fool most ebay bidders to this day:

WW2 Luftwaffe Officer's Dress Crusher Hat Complete Made by Erel Mint | eBay

It's pity we can't do something on here to get rid of them, I do my utmost to try to make sure I only buy original genuine visor's, that's why I come on here, if I did unknowingly purchase a fake and found out after the fact, it would be of no use to me at all, so I would probably destroy it. There must be quite a few of us on here buying fakes by genuine mistake, can't we get together and destroy them, I know good money has been paid for them but surely any of us with any conscious wouldn't want to put them back in the chain again "let's get rid of them".
    Kev.