Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?

Article about: Hey guys, these are the best pics I have gotten thus far..... since owner used a flash indoors I am having a hard time determining the color of this cap....I also am not a cap collector. I h

?

Default Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?

Hey guys, these are the best pics I have gotten thus far..... since owner used a flash indoors I am having a hard time determining the color of this cap....I also am not a cap collector. I have compared to several on the forum and the web.....I can't find a match... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance !!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?   Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?  

Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzer or Heer..... and is its original?

It looks black so it will be panzer but I am not sure about authenticity.

?

I agree that it looks black, however the cockade color is what is throwing me.... haven't quite seen this done before.

?

Maybe the cockade has been nibbled away by moths over the years, this cap may have also been worn by the Hitlerjugend as there is a HJ pin on the side.

?

I agree with you there I have being trying to find examples of the odd color of this cockade for the last few minutes with out much luck will be interesting to find out more about it

Regards Mark K

?

If anything,I would say Panzer EM that was former HJ. Or a G.I. might have stuck on when grabbing souvenirs.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The cap is supposed to be a Heer black Panzer schiffchen,overseas cap. The early ones occasionally had standard Heer insignia sewn on. It is not unusual but needs to be scrutinized.I find it unusual that the cap eagle is sewn on in one style and the roundle in another. IMO somebody just pinned the HJ pin on it.

Fred

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    It looks black so it will be panzer but I am not sure about authenticity.
    Not necessarily true, NSKK caps are also black.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

i wouldn't mind for the pin... A pin may got pinned there for thousands of reasons during and after the war!!!! The problem is the different sewing type and the weird color on the roundle... If i had to base my purchase on these pics i would pass on it! Ask for better pics shot outdoors under direct sunlight!

I dont like the black sidecap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast