Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??

Article about: Hi all, As some of you may recall, I made an ill-advised transaction with a certain 'Pawel Nowak' some months ago: Ignorant slut that I am - I went ahead and sent him a wire transfer to a Eu

Default Einheitsmutze M43??

Hi all,

As some of you may recall, I made an ill-advised transaction with a certain 'Pawel Nowak' some months ago: Ignorant slut that I am - I went ahead and sent him a wire transfer to a European bank in order to pay for a FJ helmet.
    I was rapidly disabused of my naivete by members of this forum when I sought validation of my purchase, and was told NEVER to deal with this all-round skinflute and notorious peddler of oriental tat ever again.
    Fast-forward two months and I thought I would share what turned up at my doorstep in lieu of the expected FJ helmet; along with a sackfull of dubious excuses in email correspondance, naturally. I have posted the Luftwaffe trophelm/sunhat type thingy in a separate forum, likewise the tornister pack is in the field gear section (although -remarkably- I suspect it is genuine).
    There are NO markings whatsoever. It is soiled in the expected places, thought I am not holding my breath; in fact If this turns out to be authentic I'll eat my (Luftwaffe sun) hat! So, without further ado, I present for your enjoyment, mud-slinging and -who knows- validation? I give you one M43 Field cap, courtesy of Polands finest shyster…

Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pawel Nowak's… Einheitsmutze M43??
    P
    Many

The Tornister looks to be A-OK. The M43 cap? Not looking good. I defer to others though on that Kopfbedeckung. NH

Sorry, the cap is bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, well I'm sorry to say that the cap is not a good one, but I guess you knew that already. Actually receiving anything from that @_*> is an improvement on his past activities, he normally just takes your money! Leon.

Thanks gents. I wasn't holding my breath. Lesson learned. I'll keep the tornister, but the rest is for the trash.
    Onward and upwards. This forum is an absolute gem, and I haven't fallen foul of fraudsters since I joined thanks to all your help. May this remain my first and last waste of money.
    Best regards

Hello,
    One of the worst fakes i've seen in years.....a fake from the eighties...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quality is so poor, I wouldn't even suggest stripping off the trap and Wearing it for a cap....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I know nothing about the cap or even where to start with it but thanks for the post. Just wanted to say keep plugging decent stuff is out there and you will find it. Having the gents here to support us. This forum is not only a great knowledge resource it helps us minimize quick or outright bad purchases aiding I call our "knowledge tax" or "learning expenditures" to a minimum.

?

Its a trick to get more money out of you. Wait and see, soon he has an unique offer only for YOU.

Thanks GPutnam. You hit the nail on the head there. This site is a Godsend for the beginner-collector. And the 'Nowak treatment' certainly hasn't disheartened me; I've already managed to bag a couple of nice pieces of headgear buying through this and the WH Awards forum classifieds, and through attending a local collectors monthly meet. And I'm just getting started! When the collection is a little more substantial I'll post some photos!

All the best!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast