Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Police Shako

Article about: This Shako is coming up for sale at a local WW2 vets estate auction. By observance of the pictures, it seems that this piece has been very abused. My question is, are any of the missing item

Default Police Shako

This Shako is coming up for sale at a local WW2 vets estate auction. By observance of the pictures, it seems that this piece has been very abused. My question is, are any of the missing items readily available to replace the missing. a short list includes,

Front visor
    Chinstrap
    Cockade

I'm not even sure a front visor could be replaced, as they were most likely sewn in.

Let me know what you guys think, as always your input is valued.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Shako   Police Shako  

Police Shako  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Shako
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Pass on it Aaron, that's my advice.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Default Advice

Quote by MAP View Post
    Pass on it Aaron, that's my advice.
    I would take Michaels advice... Good to see your' still here ICF90 !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

The badge is the only value of that shako....

Hummel

MAP
    ?

Quote by Hummel View Post
    The badge is the only value of that shako....

Hummel
    agree! Maybe the liner too. As a donor cap it might be worth something but who really wants to buy it, take it apart, wait for buyers for a few bucks.

And echo G. Nice to see you back
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Gwar, it's always nice to catch up after a big rain 😀

I might throw a few bucks at it Michale. It's "upsetting" for me to see a piece of headgear like this in such bad shape. The kids must have rode it pretty hard back in the day.

The only place you would find a front visor for it would be from Another one. Sadly, all that's left would be the front plate as a collectable bit-but no large value to it. I agree-give it a pass.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William are you able to shed a little light on the manufacturer? Never seen this one, most are R. Lubstein

The firm of C. Pose was in operation for many years and supplied the German military with a huge assortment of pieces of equipment. Located in Berlin, they were working in WWI as well as WWII. The list of equipment they produced is enormous-anywhere from Binocular cases, Sun Helmets, Magazine Pouches, Pistol Holsters-you name it. They also made leather clothing and, yes! Police Shakos!. Their Waffenamt codes were WaA138,WaA138 krm,krm and cny. I am unaware if the company survived the war, but it would not surprise me, considering the size of it. There were many manufacturers of the Police Shako,by the way-firms such as Romer,Becker, etc. but as you said, Robert Lubstein was by far the most prolific and commonly seen maker.
    Last edited by Wagriff; 04-13-2016 at 10:30 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."