Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polizei Feldmutze?

Article about: Just curious about this one --- good or bad? To my eyes I can only use common sense and say that it certainly looks worn/old, the insignia looks to have been on there for some time but I'm n

Default Polizei Feldmutze?

Just curious about this one --- good or bad? To my eyes I can only use common sense and say that it certainly looks worn/old, the insignia looks to have been on there for some time but I'm not so sure about the detail of the insignia itself? Other than that I'm at a loss, it's also a one button type which I seem to find fewer of online.

In short, I'd appreciate some help

Polizei Feldmutze?
    Polizei Feldmutze?
    Polizei Feldmutze?
    Polizei Feldmutze?
    Polizei Feldmutze?
    Polizei Feldmutze?
    Polizei Feldmutze?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Feldmutze?
    P
    Many

Anyone?

?

Not an expert on the single button style friend.

I am sure the boys will be along that can tell.

tiny bump here---

the buttons wrong and I think the badge is also wrong.not for me.

Thank you, harryamb2! I'll take your opinion and the relative silence from the others that have perused the thread but not commented to say that it's simply not a good one ---no biggie, thanks again for chiming in... appreciate it!

MAP
    ?

Slados,

I'll start by the oft qouted preface "I'm not an expert on these"..........So while I can't be of much help with in hand experience I can provide what I have read/seen in Gary Wilkins book.

He notes that single button versions are very uncommon. Additionally, in comparing yours to the example in his book, they are two totally separate beasts. His had a much more refined machining of the insignia (which you allude to in your first post) and the overall construction was of a higher quality.

Not a judgement on yours however. Maybe a late war piece? Just an observation.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Perhaps --- thanks, Michael! I'm virtually in the dark with this type myself/cloth headgear in general so input like yours is something that will add to my understanding of these items as I progress, no doubt! What is this book you're talking about? Written by harryamb2?

MAP
    ?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Perhaps --- thanks, Michael! I'm virtually in the dark with this type myself/cloth headgear in general so input like yours is something that will add to my understanding of these items as I progress, no doubt! What is this book you're talking about? Written by harryamb2?
    It may not be the best book for M43's as it's main focus in on visors but it does give some examples. I really enjoyed reading it cover to cover and learned alot. But maybe some others can opine on better books or books focused on M43's.

Regards,

Michael

The Collector's Guide To Third Reich Military Headgear (Schiffer Military History): Gary Wilkins: 9780764314285: Amazon.com: Books
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello,

I really think this is a bergmuetze rather than an einheitsfeldmuetze (m43). That said, I honestly don't know if it's late war Third Reich or early postwar police. The single button is fine and much more preferred on Po. Bergmuetze. Gary's book was speaking of M43s with single button being uncommon. The insignia is a later war type and original. These type of late war pieces are sometime hard to judge, with no markings, sweatband, or other determining factors. This could easily be a post war cap, it's just hard to tell.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer on originality. If it were me, I would wait for a better example, JMHO.

Take care and good luck!

Marcus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast