Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Polizei Feldmutze?

Article about: Just curious about this one --- good or bad? To my eyes I can only use common sense and say that it certainly looks worn/old, the insignia looks to have been on there for some time but I'm n

These fotos show that single button feature on the bergmuetze was very common.

Ebay, online and forum photos (I do not own these)
    Happy to give credit if you do!

Polizei Feldmutze?Polizei Feldmutze?Polizei Feldmutze?Polizei Feldmutze?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Feldmutze?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Marcus Vaughn View Post
    Hello,

I really think this is a bergmuetze rather than an einheitsfeldmuetze (m43). That said, I honestly don't know if it's late war Third Reich or early postwar police. The single button is fine and much more preferred on Po. Bergmuetze. Gary's book was speaking of M43s with single button being uncommon. The insignia is a later war type and original. These type of late war pieces are sometime hard to judge, with no markings, sweatband, or other determining factors. This could easily be a post war cap, it's just hard to tell.

I wish I could give you a more definitive answer on originality. If it were me, I would wait for a better example, JMHO.

Take care and good luck!

Marcus
    Thanks Marcus. Did I quote Gary incorrectly or were you just confirming that Gary was talking just about M43's.

Not questioning your wisdom as I am no expert here but was just trying to provide some clues for Slados.

BTW, nice photo examples. I notice they all have medal insignia.

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No you quoted Gary correctly, but I don't have my copy of his book with me right now and I believe he was speaking of M43s only.

Marcus

MAP
    ?

Quote by Marcus Vaughn View Post
    No you quoted Gary correctly, but I don't have my copy of his book with me right now and I believe he was speaking of M43s only.

Marcus
    Correct! Only M43's. I didn't have it in front of me either when I quoted it as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just came along on this cap is in the right Blue green more blue color police wool based on what I see I like it only owned one of these years ago it was a officer model and a fine blue green wool this is EM inside looks ok to me also. timothy

A lot of interesting input here, guys! Really learning a lot by just reading these replies... I didn't even know there was two types of these similar hats... bergmutze and feldmutze!

So, what I have posted seems to be, if good, a late war bergmutze for the polizei -- but... "late war" also means, to my understanding, a lot less of the standard features to go on with regards to authenticating, which in turn makes this example a bit "iffy".
    Insignia seems to have been confirmed as good though and to me it looks like it's been on there for a long time at least --- would you agree?

Great photos btw! Here's another I found online before posting this thread --- not sure if it's a berg- or feldmutze though. At the very least it's got similar polizei insignia (cloth, not metal)

Polizei Feldmutze?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2