Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

Article about: I am on the fence on this one as well. I have not seen this "Luxus-Klasse" stamping on a Naubert cap, nor have I ever seen a stirndruckfrei system on Nauberts, either. BUT, I am no

Default Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

Hi

No reason to post other than I finally got a tunic to match my cap last month.

Both cap and tunic are high quality private purchase and the cap has officer cords as permitted by regulations for senior NCO's who had passed the medical examinations to be doctors.

This guy also was the company spiess.

This example of cap is made by Karl Naubert and has a much thicker piping around the crown than the cap band. It also has quite a thick valuted wreath that stands out on the cap band.

Both these features plus the officer quality insignia on the tunic lead me to supose this bloke might have been a bit of a poser !! (and why not)

cheers

tony

Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

Got any better pics Tony?

I've yet to see this logo with Luxus-Klasse below it.

Ben and Richiec,

Thank you for your support for an open discussion on what now appears to be about this caps authenticity.

I am more than happy to post more pictures given the hazy nature of the ones above.

I am also happy to have the cap discussed openly and will try not to cry if it is consigned to the mistakes cupboard !

The post was more about putting together two bits of nice militaria to get.....if you pardon the business phrase .... a synergy.

Still such is life.

regards

tony

more pics as promised.

Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

under the hood...............

Note: The sweatband is attached in a most unusual way. It has a strip of material sown onto the cap band and the leather sweatband is then attached to this.

Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

?

Mr Vestae has been reminded that this isn't the forum to post one line, throw away comments regarding authenticity. If that's what floats your boat, there are plenty of other forums for that kind of behaviour. I can assure everyone that this will not be tolerated here though.

?

Thanks to Ade for moving this thread.

I am a little bit concerned about this cap to be honest. As I mentioned before, I've never seen a Naubert made cap with the Luxus-Klasse mark before and it maybe my eyesight but the entire stencil looks a bit blurred and not as sharp as I would expect. Maybe something or maybe nothing but worth discussing I think?

Hi Ben

I've not seen one with luxus klasse either . my understanding is that this was a standard phrase used to show the quality of an item and was not specific to any maker. So why not use it ?

Now being the owner it's actually quite hard to be objective when assessing the cap (and not defensive) so other opinions would be most welcome.

The stencil is blurred with regards to the writing but the logo is clearer. I looked in the wilkins book and the example photo on p296 for the naubert maker logo is also quite blurred to the point that maybe they put a little too much ink on the stamp maybe ?

I can understand your concerns lets see what else is thrown into the mix......

Hi Ben

following our conversation had a nervous look at the lining edges........the result was no pinking.

Couple more shots of the interior below.

cheers

tony

Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of UnterarztPrivate purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt

?

I don't mind admitting that I'm totaly unsure of this one. I've yet to see a repro with the wool padding material between leather and cap frame. On the other hand, the stencil still looks a bit weird and fuzzy.

Found this after our chat today Tony. It just adds to the confusion though! This cap sold a few hours ago on ebay and I believe it to be original. Notice the totaly different sweatband design and sharp stencil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt   Private purchase medical NCO cap for rank of Unterarzt  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast