MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Pz.SS M43 cap (Wittmann-style)

Article about: Mauro, if you have inspected ex your M 43, which you have trade to Aleks, then you can see the small diference, as much of this hats had. The liner connected to the visor with inside seam fi

?

Good points and very interesting, Ben.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pz.SS M43 cap (Wittmann-style)
    P
    Many

i'm the guy wrotes in other forums concerns about this m43.

In my opinion there are a lot of things i don't like, as i wrote:

sewing and thread: i'm always suspicious when i see regular sewing without any faults and bright thread without any difference in patina also if the cap show really different zones.

For sure the owner could check all the threads... and see if there are differences inside-outside - under flaps, over visor

i don't like for sure discoloration and the colour of black... modern black colour usually vire to this velvet-brown black.

Of sure there is a very (and incredibile) different zone, over flaps there isn't patina.

I don't like of sure also black of flaps (there are reinforcements? and if there are... are sewed in "U" way)

From these pics i can't see button hole but it doesn't look promising.

Lining: i don't like, never seen an high rayon lining lost colours. could be a photo effect? however is not the usual you can find on panzer cap.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Just a quick thought,but....Who cares what anyone says on the "other forum"? Adrian Stevenson and Bob Coleman have both given this cap their thumbs up, so what does it matter what anyone else says? Some self-professed expert going by the age-old philosophy of "If I have it-it's real....If You have it-it's fake"...? Adrian Stevenson and Bob Coleman are 2 of the top experts in the World-enough said.
    Adrian and Bob, whom I both respect, are giving their impressions based on the photos provided in this thread.
    The "other forum" has the benefit of more photos and MUCH greater detail.
    In those photos there is evidence of contrived wear / ageing and the lining material doesn't look right; I would return it for a refund.

?

Quote by RoyA View Post
    Adrian and Bob, whom I both respect, are giving their impressions based on the photos provided in this thread.
    The "other forum" has the benefit of more photos and MUCH greater detail.
    In those photos there is evidence of contrived wear / ageing and the lining material doesn't look right; I would return it for a refund.
    Well, if you click on the pictures in this thread, it will zoom out and have the same greater detail...

?

Here are a couple of photos that were being reviewed at GHW...

?

Quote by Mauro C View Post
    i'm the guy wrotes in other forums concerns about this m43.

In my opinion there are a lot of things i don't like, as i wrote:

sewing and thread: i'm always suspicious when i see regular sewing without any faults and bright thread without any difference in patina also if the cap show really different zones.

For sure the owner could check all the threads... and see if there are differences inside-outside - under flaps, over visor

i don't like for sure discoloration and the colour of black... modern black colour usually vire to this velvet-brown black.

Of sure there is a very (and incredibile) different zone, over flaps there isn't patina.

I don't like of sure also black of flaps (there are reinforcements? and if there are... are sewed in "U" way)

From these pics i can't see button hole but it doesn't look promising.

Lining: i don't like, never seen an high rayon lining lost colours. could be a photo effect? however is not the usual you can find on panzer cap.
    Hi Mauro,

I read and then re-read your post but I still don't understand what you're talking about.

As I said, this cap will split opinions but the only person who needs to be convinced is the one who owns it and has it in their hands.

Concerns about this piece are well founded, there's disparity throughout the cap. There's nothing comfortable or affirming to view and feel genuinely confident about. Sorry, hope you get a refund.

?

I promised myself a few years ago that I wouldn't get into anymore pissing contests with people on these forums, especially ones I've never heard of before but miraculously appear out of nowhere and have doubts about anything and everything.

Have fun gentlemen, if you want credibility, try posting items from your own collections first and then we shall see.

?

Never owned a black one but did own this one and it was a cracker.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pz.SS M43 cap (Wittmann-style)  

?

There's one thing about the linings in these caps that can prove authenticity.

Hands up who knows what that is?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast