Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

Article about: I am quite new to collecting and aquired this cap labeled as a africa corps cap from a seller in austria along with some other pieces which seem very original. Does anyone have any advice on

Default Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

I am quite new to collecting and aquired this cap labeled as a africa corps cap from a seller in austria along with some other pieces which seem very original.
    Does anyone have any advice on weather it is authentic?
    Questionable africa corps cap advice neededQuestionable africa corps cap advice neededQuestionable africa corps cap advice needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable africa corps cap advice needed
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

Personally ,ive never seen one with the palm tree motive, plus the colour seems wrong to me, but i know there will be some other comments, also there was a thread on here re the different types of DAK caps

?

OH heck IVE JUST NOTICED THE PEAK IS ON BACKWARDS, very strange indeed

THanks for the help the other hat that seemed strange to me was this one, a panzermuetzeAttachment 231540Attachment 231539Questionable africa corps cap advice needed

Maybe it was a factory reject due to being sewn incorectly? I doubt anyone producing fakes would be as careless, but it might happen!

?

Its definately an oddity but as to selling it as a good cap, i wouldnt think so

It wasnt much money but i still found it interesting

Any ideas on the black cap?

IMHO the Afrikamutze is a fake...even fakers can make mistakes or even do that purposely in order to create a "rarity".Could you please post a CLOSE-UP picture of the grommets and tell us their size on the outer side in millimiters?Whatever their size and their nature this cap remains a fake IMO!
    Cheers
    ADC

This is a fake IMHO, I doubt they would use the "Palm" marking on headgear(It is very commonly placed as a decal on a helmet to make it "Super-rare"). Plus: How come the other markings are aged, and no the "62"? I would run away in a jiffy.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast