Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rabbit Fur Winter Hat.

Article about: Apologies if this is in the wrong place but did not think it belonged I the soft headgear, although it is soft. Is there any way of telling if this is an original German winter hat as it has

Default Rabbit Fur Winter Hat.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but did not think it belonged I the soft headgear, although it is soft. Is there any way of telling if this is an original German winter hat as it has no markings inside or any identification on it. I do not know a lot about these and would not know where to look on here to find out. Any info would be much appreciated. Many thanks. ( BTW I know the skull is a fake.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rabbit Fur Winter Hat.   Rabbit Fur Winter Hat.  

Rabbit Fur Winter Hat.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rabbit Fur Winter Hat.
    P
    Many

Hi Steve, moved the thread to here for you.

It is not a standard issue item going by the lining. Linings were generally rayon and size and maker marked. It also lacks the tie tapes to retain the flaps in place over the head.

My guess is this one may be field made? A closer look at the field grey woolen material might be helpful.

The correct German name for these is Pelzmütze. (Fur Hat)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, what would we do without you. Just to say it has the tie tapes, just not shown on the photo's. I did google 'German Fur Hat' and noticed by some of the photo's that the interior of this hat differs from some in those pictures. Cheers Steve.

My pleasure. Good to know it has the tie tapes.

I think it is most likely good. Fur caps are still reasonably priced and outright fakes seem to be few and are aimed at the re-enactor market.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes, these are still so low priced, it would not be enough money to make if they were high quality forged.

It would guess it is good.