Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Railway Peak Cap?

Article about: G'day All, This one landed into my lap today, I know next to nothing on these! but I had to take the cockade off (is this genuine?) to complete this one, can anyone guide me in the right dir

Thank you Kind Sir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railway Peak Cap?
    P
    Many

DRK
    ?

I forgot to tell that there are 2 types of the cap eagle , the so-called "state eagle"......
    The Reichspost ( German Postal Service ) used two different models : the small ( 45 mm ) and the large ( 55 mm ) eagle.
    According to regulations the small eagle was worn on the "Baschlik Mützen" ( These caps were mainly worn by female personnel ) and the large eagle was worn on the Schirmmützen ( visor caps ).

But I have seen period photographs showing visor caps with the smaller cap eagle......

Great cap Rene, well done!.....

Quote by DRK View Post
    I forgot to tell that there are 2 types of the cap eagle , the so-called "state eagle"......
    The Reichspost ( German Postal Service ) used two different models : the small ( 45 mm ) and the large ( 55 mm ) eagle.
    According to regulations the small eagle was worn on the "Baschlik Mützen" ( These caps were mainly worn by female personnel ) and the large eagle was worn on the Schirmmützen ( visor caps ).

But I have seen period photographs showing visor caps with the smaller cap eagle......
    Ahh the prongs fit perfectly with this one and going by the size of the cap it was most likely used by female posty's

Forgot to show the rear of the cockade

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3