Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a real SS Cap?

Article about: by Chris76 You are absolutely right. I hadn't seen that thread before. Now I have. It was sold yesterday at a Swedish Auctionhouse together with a Swedish cap. I have no idea what the Swedis

Default Is this a real SS Cap?

Hi,

I saw this a few days ago on the internet, and I find it very hard to believe it's genuine, since the word "Fürer" is spelled wrong. Should be Führer.
    But I find it almost as difficult to believe that you would go through all the work making a fake cap, without even knowing how to spell "Führer".

Please give me some of your opinions.

Yours Truly
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a real SS Cap?   Is this a real SS Cap?  

Is this a real SS Cap?   Is this a real SS Cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real SS Cap?
    P
    Many

Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?You enclose a sloppy and poorly executed copy of an SS cap.

See my enclosures as a contrast:

Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?RZM tag prototype. This tag is or is not more or less or much less of the epoch November 1934 until the end of 1935 or early 1936. The grey peaked cap scarcely existed in this epoch, and I have only see one grey peaked cap with an RZM tag, and then of the more or less 1936-7 epoch.

So, per saldo, the first enclosure is a hunk of junk.

We have many non hunks of junk here, in fact. You've come to the right place.

The RZM tag is found beneath the sweat band, often on the left side, and by startling contrast to the oddity sewn onto the sweat band itself and embellished with goofy stamps on the lining.

The first enclosure looks like all the other Baltic stinkers that have flooded the market in the last decade or two and are found in their dozens, if not hundreds at all points of the compass.

Pfui.

Here is a black one. Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?

- - ------- - -

Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?Is this a real SS Cap?Here from Mr. Paul Sack is a real grey cap with runics, a rarity and a fine piece, indeed.

The above is not found in hock shops, pawn shops, bargain basements, coin stores, gun shows, and anywhere cheap. It is a very rare and refined item.

Wasn't the original posted cap with the oddly placed tag recently discussed here? It looks very much like the one in this threads tag-although the rest of the cap was not shown at the time. Who is trying to Sell this piece of trash??
    fake RZM SS tag in odd place.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Wasn't the original posted cap with the oddly placed tag recently discussed here? It looks very much like the one in this threads tag-although the rest of the cap was not shown at the time. Who is trying to Sell this piece of trash??
    fake RZM SS tag in odd place.
    You are absolutely right.
    I hadn't seen that thread before. Now I have.
    It was sold yesterday at a Swedish Auctionhouse together with a Swedish cap. I have no idea what the Swedish old cap was worth but at least I don't think it was a fake - like the SS cap in this thread.

Anyone note that in the ID paper Brigadefürer was misspelled? It should be Brigadeführer! NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast