Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor

Article about: by BenVK Oh god, here we go again. Look, we are trying to help you from making a mistake. If you don't want to listen, fine. You wouldn't be the first, believe me. yes mate, i was just answe

Default Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor

Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor
    got this one today from a mates granddad and he got him from his brother who brought it back from service in germany, i got him for free then he knows i collect this kind of things and my mate and me allways help him to fix something at the house or what ever, now i like to know if real or not.
    it came whithout the eagle i just addet the eagel to the visor (not for ever, dont worry) out of my collection dont know if there belongs an metal eagel or this kind on it, no gloving at all looks old, dont has mutch wear i think, the maker traugott rahne changed addres 2 years befor the war ends as far as i found out, so i think it looks like an original to me and if not it was for free and still has a super nice shape
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor   Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor  

Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor   Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor  

Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor   Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this an Real Wehrmacht Heer Old Style Visor

no one an oppinion

Doesn't look good at first glance.

Not being an expert on alte art feldmutze, but it looks wrong to me, though this is just my opinion and I cant say why I dont like it.

Jerry

PS the see through label looks plastic, not cellophane as period caps should be and the oakleaves look like repros, IMO

Grey leather sweat band is post war too I think. Looks like a doctored up post war cap - original purpose unknown to me.

?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Grey leather sweat band is post war too I think. Looks like a doctored up post war cap - original purpose unknown to me.
    Correct, a Bundeswehr cap. Grey bands can be original to the TR period of course but not this one. Plastic shield is a dead give away. It would actualy be worth more in it's original post war form than it is now.

The stitching on the inside headband does not look WWII period to me either.

it is not plastic and i found some other wwii gear of the maker all in the same style made most ss uniforms and visors, all gray bands and this interior

?

Oh god, here we go again.

Look, we are trying to help you from making a mistake. If you don't want to listen, fine. You wouldn't be the first, believe me.

Many manufacturers survived the war or reconstituted after it. A lot of suppliers of Wehrmacht material continued to produce things after the war including military items. Ritter, Assman, Continental, Siemens, Mercedes, Krupp to name a few. The cap in question certainly could have been made by the same manufacturer that was active during the war.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast