Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

reichsleiter by hertlein

Article about: by mrg Hello Mr. Stonemint thanks for the advice but I would like to point out that the same hat that you has entered in the forum "cap authentication-Reichsleiter by Hertlein," on

Quote by mrg View Post
    Hello Mr. Stonemint thanks for the advice but I would like to point out that the same hat that you has entered in the forum "cap authentication-Reichsleiter by Hertlein," on p. 2 In fact, the pictures posted are taken by a well-known site and mine and the same hat but with its attributes attached. I wonder why and posted on the forum "cap authentication" if it is a copy? Thanks Mr.G
    I would like to help you out with why this is a fake. Hertlein is one of the top 3 most faked visors (do a forum search and you will see what I mean).

First of all, the piping is very sloppy/wavy.
    Second, the interior is a typical postwar liner which has been rubberized (& think about it--would a hat be made for a Reichsleiter with an EM/NCO interior?)
    Third, the band is not the standard wartime velvet--it is brushed wool/cotton.
    The wreath is also fake.

Lastly, it lacks typical Hertlein wartime features.
    I will post some standard wartime Hertlein features, both early and late war.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement reichsleiter by hertlein
    P
    Many

mrg
    ?

Thanks for your help and for providing details that did not know.
    Mr.G

Many of the mid- to late-war Hertleins used a dual-tone lining--ie, the top lining is waterproofed oilcloth (note it is not rubbery), with contrasting side panels.

Hertlein used 2 logos--the simple logo and the more extravagant one, which appears to have been used only on their higher quality hats.

All three of these interiors are wartime Hertleins:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture reichsleiter by hertlein   reichsleiter by hertlein  

What is common to many (although not all) Hertlein fakes is the fact that the logo on the fakes is reversed, as compared to the wartime logo:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture reichsleiter by hertlein   reichsleiter by hertlein  

Here is the brushed cotton that is common to so many of these NSDAP fakes--it should always be velvet:

& lastly, here is another of those fake wreaths--they are always (poorly) artificially aged:
    Attached Images Attached Images reichsleiter by hertlein 

Here are a bunch of reverse-logo (ie, fake) Hertleins. The logo is not reversible, due to the fact that it is the official City of Erlangen crest (note the "C" & the "E" are reversed):

reichsleiter by hertlein  
    Attached Images Attached Images reichsleiter by hertlein  reichsleiter by hertlein 
    Last edited by stonemint; 08-28-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Here are some original Hertleins--note the C & E are on the breast of the eagle on the right, and are not reversed:

Attached Images Attached Images reichsleiter by hertlein 

2 pics of the Wappen for Erlangen during the Third Reich:
    Attached Images Attached Images reichsleiter by hertlein  reichsleiter by hertlein 

Terrific! I hope you can have your money back!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast